Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't see this too often in a weather forecast! Mountains of southern Colorado
Screenshot_20200906-171540_Chrome.jpg

Don't know about that song... Wierd that today is really pretty warm.... upper 70's and red flag fire warning, tomorrow and Wednesday we have winter weather advisory! We were away from our cabin down in AZ (now that was hot!) and saw the winter weather advisory.... our greenhouse vents were wide open, shot back up here to strengthen the roof support for the wet snow to come and button things up. The tomatoes are just starting to ripen as are the squash, would be a shame to lose them to a freaky early freeze.

Don't see this too often in a weather forecast! Mountains of southern Colorado
View attachment 697104
It’s snowing along the Rocky Mountain Front in Montana right now. I’m a couple hundred miles east of the mountains. We went from 80° yesterday to 40° today with almost an inch of rain overnight. Low tonight is forecast to be in the upper 20s. We could see a bit of white stuff on the ground tomorrow morning.

I’m so sorry to hear about this and can’t imagine what everyone is going through.
Thank you. One friend had evacuated and watched the fire come up the hill on security cam until the camera lost connection.

The other fire in Southern California was started by a gender reveal party that had pyrotechnics. Mind you this is in dense vegetation foothill area thats been dry for two months with temps from 80’s to 110 since mid July. I know 3 families evacuated from there. One of the family had a house close to the area it started. Likelyhood Its still standing is not good.

Thank you. One friend had evacuated and watched the fire come up the hill on security cam until the camera lost connection.

The other fire in Southern California was started by a gender reveal party that had pyrotechnics. Mind you this is in dense vegetation foothill area thats been dry for two months with temps from 80’s to 110 since mid July. I know 3 families evacuated from there. One of the family had a house close to the area it started. Likelyhood Its still standing is not good.
The gender reveal stupidity made national news. :( Be safe.

Far too many fires out here are caused by stupid people. I'm out back brewing this morning and my table and chairs have quite a bit of ash on them. Told the ash is coming from a fire up near Fresno.....nearly 3 hours away.

Cross posting with the Dogs thread. This is Lucca. He’s new around the house. He’s in my lounger. He’s not supposed to be on the furniture. He’s very pleased with himself.
View attachment 697380
Obviously an alpha dog. He's establishing dominance right away. 😆

Brew on :mug:

@BongoYodeler That would be the Creek fire some friends and family are evacuated from. Started Friday. By Sat evening it was 38,000 acres. This morning its reported as 134,000 acres. Seems like I’ve seen the sun break through smoke 3 days in the last 2 weeks between all the complex fires.

Looks to be too high on final approach. Gonna be a challenge to lose altitude and keep the speed down for a safe touchdown.

Brew on :mug:
That’s a pretty draggy design. A full control deflection slip will put him right on the numbers. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got this in the hangar and on jacks tonight (have been dueling with Romanian politicians the last 5 days). Back to the US the day after tomorrow! :thumbsup:
View attachment 697418

Just been reading the AV Herald report on the accident, is 5 days to move the plane off the runway because of the politics or lack of equipment?

Just been reading the AV Herald report on the accident, is 5 days to move the plane off the runway because of the politics or lack of equipment?
Politics. Customs particularly. Took us just under 2 hours to move the airplane 2 1/2 miles to right in front of the hangar, then 5 days wrangling with customs before we could put in the hangar. They insisted we had to import the airplane before we could put it in the hangar, finally worked out a deal where it is in "temporary storage" in a government hangar, at a cost of 400,000 ROM per month, or about a hundred grand.

So is “snapping off” something that can happen in a regular landing?
No. I've been in aircraft for 45 years, and this is a first for me.

EDIT: I've worked on other aircraft that broke off their gear, but it's always been a result of running into an obstruction of some sort.

Last edited:
Back