Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
day tripper
Posted 7 minutes ago
Nope. It was there, and then it was still there, and then there was a duplicate :D
Still not getting it though...

Random picture. Thought about putting it in the “what came for in the mail today” thread, but thought random would be better.

Wife came up with a good idea of turning it into a tap handle! However it is heavy, at least a pound. I could gut it, but that won’t remove much....

88281277_10156933977873062_9144923462760923136_n.jpg

The tiny text is illegible in any copy of that image I've found. It'll remain a mystery.
As for me, yes, it's 11-something, of course I've had a few :tank:
Then again, I often don't immediately get religious constructs or references. That category would kill me in "Jeopardy"...

A freakishly big lake trout.
tbh, the picture was impressive AF, but I'm not a fan of the species nor the typical methods of dredging them up from the deep. They're the New England equivalent of channel catfish. They dominate forage at the expense of...imo...more desirable species like landlocked salmon and native brook trout (actually a char, but still)...

Cheers!

tbh, the picture was impressive AF, but I'm not a fan of the species nor the typical methods of dredging them up from the deep. They're the New England equivalent of channel catfish. They dominate forage at the expense of...imo...more desirable species like landlocked salmon and native brook trout (actually a char, but still)...

Cheers!
What the deal with the yellow color and odd red oblong blotches. Ice damage or is that normal for lake trout in your area?

Cheers!
Lake Michigan has freshwater salmon and lake trout. Went there many years ago trolling doing down riggers at 100, 200, 300 feet. Man what a work out to pull some big fish out of the water. They were the biggest things I ever caught, but not nearly as big as that.

My friends dad got a subscription from a satellite service that looked at lake hot spots as in warm, not activity. He'd put the boat out at that course. Then he would set way points when the down riggers would start popping. The boat would make loops in that area all day until we filled our big ass coolers.

To be honest it wasn't really fishing it was catching. We were watching the baseball game on TV, drinking beers, my buddy says your pole popped. I'd leave that AC controlled cabin to reel in my fish.

It was a rich mans way to fish.

789404D3-2FAB-4F82-9BB9-5674D0F89FCB.jpeg
I went Mako fishing with friends from Montauk (in the 80s way before the finning explosion) we didn’t pull in a Mako, but did catch and release 7 Blue sharks between everyone. This is a replica of a record great white they have at the fancy marina. The gritty marina has a dive bar that sells $2 Coors and Bud on tap.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back