Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 574517
I didn't realize how much was going on in this picture when I took it. A naked cat is sitting on a warm Sous Vide cooler at 131 degrees with a ribeye steak in it. There are two Porterhouse steaks in front of her that weigh 2 pounds each There is a vacuum sealer to the left and 3 one half gallon jars of cold brew Banko coffee in the right of the picture.
Is that a cat protector over the sous vide controller :)

View attachment 574517
I didn't realize how much was going on in this picture when I took it. A naked cat is sitting on a warm Sous Vide cooler at 131 degrees with a ribeye steak in it. There are two Porterhouse steaks in front of her that weigh 2 pounds each There is a vacuum sealer to the left and 3 one half gallon jars of cold brew Banko coffee in the right of the picture.
BIXXSJf.jpg

Only protein better sous vide than grilled is chicken.

The fat in a good piece of meat doesn’t melt at the low temps of sous vide. Sure it’s a perfect medium rare but it has half the flavor of a grilled medium steak.

The only fat that would be any more melted would be the parts that are more well done, medium rare is the same temperature.

And doing long cooked meats that are traditionally braised and keeping them at medium or medium rare is heaven. Medium rare short ribs that are just as tender but more juicy is to die for.

Also, I feel sous vide steak has more flavor because it’s literally cooking on its own juices, if you sear/cook/sear you are getting all of the seared flavors literally cooked into the meat

Back