Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1704502427953.png

so, I have this issue with United Health Care website.

EVERY TIME I log in, it asks me for 2FA (2 Factor Authentication/Authorization). sends a text to my phone, I gotta enter the code EVERY TIME

even with this functionally useless option here checked.

1704996579618.png

so... I'm having a problem with a website. call their technical support

for all the techie nerds out there: WHAT WOULD BE THE FIRST QUESTION for the tech support TO ASK?

(lol... AFTER "have you rebooted?")

so, I have this issue with United Health Care website.

EVERY TIME I log in, it asks me for 2FA (2 Factor Authentication/Authorization). sends a text to my phone, I gotta enter the code EVERY TIME

even with this functionally useless option here checked.

View attachment 838781

so... I'm having a problem with a website. call their technical support

for all the techie nerds out there: WHAT WOULD BE THE FIRST QUESTION for the tech support TO ASK?

(lol... AFTER "have you rebooted?")
Not just you. I have United Healthcare as well. Same thing here, 2FA every time, even though I select "trust this device."
Cleared cookies and cache, but that didn't help. Ah well.

Not just you. I have United Healthcare as well. Same thing here, 2FA every time, even though I select "trust this device."
I'm gonna guess you use Opera. That's what I use.

Don't have the problem in Chrome.

The first question to ask is "what browser are you using?"

I'm gonna guess you use Opera. That's what I use.

Don't have the problem in Chrome.

The first question to ask is "what browser are you using?"
Running Linux and use either Firefox or Google Chrome as my browsers depending on what I'm doing. They both show the same thing. Truthfully I haven't looked into it any further than clearing cache and cookies as I don't consider it enough of a pain to expend any more effort on it.

Running Linux and use either Firefox or Google Chrome as my browsers depending on what I'm doing. They both show the same thing. Truthfully I haven't looked into it any further than clearing cache and cookies as I don't consider it enough of a pain to expend any more effort on it.

I'm just venting, but the younglings still need to get off my lawn.

I'm pretty sure the answer to the "Trust this device?" question is stored in a cookie. If you clear cookies, you erase your answer to the question, so you get asked again.

Brew on :mug:

I use FireFox on a windoze10 machine and different sites work, while others exhibit this forgetful behavior. It is seemingly random.

As for what should be asked first, as a former IT type, imma go with “can I have your number so I can send a 2FA code for you to repeat to me to verify your identity?”

I'm pretty sure the answer to the "Trust this device?" question is stored in a cookie. If you clear cookies, you erase your answer to the question, so you get asked again.

Brew on :mug:
Yeah that's how it should work, but it's not. It's asking whether or not I clear cookies. Mysteriously about a month ago it stopped asking me for 2FA for a short time, even though I didn't change anything. Just as mysterious it started asking me again, even though nothing was changed on my end. As I said before, it's not that big a deal so I just roll with this minor inconvenience.

Latest posts

Back