Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand the skepticism. That OEM bubblewrap means it has to be on the level.
Besides, the outdoors is my freezer for now. A fact that I like to take advantage of every year for an Eisbeer.

20240116_162234.jpg

Brings up memories of Bahrain and Iraq

absolutely the source of my reference. the gold souqs of Bahrain & UAE & every frickin' merchant in Egypt.

Hurghada, Egypt, part of the "Red Sea Riviera", right after Desert Storm. usually the resorts are PACKED with tourists, we pulled in, the ONLY non-locals in town.

merchants were DESPARATE to sell

"for you, my American friend... SPECIAL PRICE!"

it prompted me to learn the Arabic word for "friend": sadiq

edit: it really is a good idea to learn the word "friend" in as many languages as you can. if visiting a country, also learn their words for "beer," "please," "thank you," & how to ask, "where is the bathroom?"

Last edited:
Back in my EE days we had a joke. "An expensive circuit protected by a fuse will protect the fuse by blowing first."
In the only EE lab class I took, our group got a circuit wired wrong, and the motor started accelerating without limit. We got it turned off really fast, but it just about got much more exciting than we had planned. I guess the motor exploding would have protected the fuse. That was 55 years ago, and I still remember it vividly.

"My! What big eyes you have!" 🦉

Is there a story that goes with that picture?

Cheers!
The local HBCs brew and pour for a wildlife rehab/nature center fundraiser and this is one of the ambassadors, and yes she is big and stately.
3B5A8164-25C2-4539-AE56-CB240B89AE55.jpeg

Someone was keeping this barn owl for a pet. She doesn’t know how to owl so can’t be released.

The local HBCs brew and pour for a wildlife rehab/nature center fundraiser and this is one of the ambassadors, and yes she is big and stately.
View attachment 840605
Someone was keeping this barn owl for a pet. She doesn’t know how to owl so can’t be released.

Getting ready for Superb Owl Sunday.

Back