Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another one.
IMG_3996.jpeg

Yep, sometimes. Just because I have stopped trying to keep track of how many times it has happened doesn't mean it is an everyday occurrence.

I have been in the operations side of distribution since the 90's, I seen or been involved in alot of stuff over the years. Sometimes it is a truck driver error that leads to an incident:
967a1e27-6337-4d8d-a769-16fc7e803c02-jumbo16x9_Oct2320141Forkliftjpg.jpg

Sometimes the MHE operator may have had something to do with it:
images (10).jpeg

Some facilities have lifts with box clamps on them- 42 inch tall vertical plates that can be squeezed together to pick up items.

I had a guy riding through the aisles making a "mop mop mop" sound like he was Pac-man chasing a little golf cart sort of thing that inventory used for getting around to count.

3rd shift brought out alot of weird things.

This style nutcracker is absolutely awesome. Brazils don't stand a chance. Hazels don't fly across the room. Meats don't get completely crushed. My hand doesn't cramp.

View attachment 834869

Seriously y'all. A 2.5 and 5yo have been going absolutely bonkers cracking their own hazelnuts.

Look at that face of self-accomplishment!

20231224_123727.jpg

20231224_122910.jpg

Went out on the first ride of the year the other day.
Near that lake are a bunch of marshes/bogs with cold springs that leak out on the ice and creates a ~1 meter thick layer of water/snow sludge witha thin snow cover in some spots.

Just go hard on the throttle and pray to whatever god you believe in when you feel the back of the snowmobile start to lower...

Attachments

• IMG-20231226-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20231226-WA0000.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
speaking of "hold muh beer"

Do the kids these days still do this?

I mean... I never did this *wink wink*, was just wondering if it was still done

the first winter I lived in Atlanta, we had a big snowstorm that shut the city down

& by "big snowstorm" it was about 5 inches over 3 days, but would melt a little during the day, refreeze overnight.

I remember seeing 2 MARTA buses at the bottom of a huge hill on Buford Hwy.

of course, WE knew how to drive in that ****. only cars on the road were mine (learned to drive in NJ & NoVA) & my roommates' (from Hollywood, MD)

with a bunch of rednecks hanging off the back & sides.

1703777979636.png

speaking of "hold muh beer"

Do the kids these days still do this?

I mean... I never did this *wink wink*, was just wondering if it was still done

the first winter I lived in Atlanta, we had a big snowstorm that shut the city down

& by "big snowstorm" it was about 5 inches over 3 days, but would melt a little during the day, refreeze overnight.

I remember seeing 2 MARTA buses at the bottom of a huge hill on Buford Hwy.

of course, WE knew how to drive in that ****. only cars on the road were mine (learned to drive in NJ & NoVA) & my roommates' (from Hollywood, MD)

with a bunch of rednecks hanging off the back & sides.

View attachment 837626
Modern bumpers aren’t so easy to grab onto, but yeah if a jalopy goes by it could happen. (Yeah, sure, as if kids old enough to do that play outside anymore.)

An old car hood turned upside down, tied with 20' of rope to the hitch of a 4WD truck. A foot of snow on the roads. 6 of us piled on going down a winding country road at 45mph. We all ended up in a farmers field after a turn. luckily no injuries. When we were not all that smart and bodily injury never occurred as a possibility.

Latest posts

Back