Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now we probably have enough snow to drive snowmobiles without having to worry about effing up the drive mat ( is that how to say it English?)
And I am doing a boil off test run with 25L of water in my new kettle intended for 20L batches.

Attachments

• IMG-20211230-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20211230-WA0002.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20211230_103056.jpg
    IMG_20211230_103056.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 26
Or for better results, just brew tomorrow. If not perfect ingredients list, wing it.

If no ingredients, log on and order some. No complaining the LHBS is closed, (I ain't got no stinking LHBS), morebeer works fine. After you place your order, sanitize your kegs. Good healthy project.

Isn't is great to have a plan?

Gonna be tough deplaning via the jetway. And, somebody's got some splainin' to do.
2005, at Minneapolis St Paul - hydraulic failure on the DC-9. No fatalities.

Brew on :mug:
It's been since the early 80s since I flew a -30 series DC-9, but the hydraulics on that airplane are virtually foolproof and not prone to failure.

UNLESS... somebody 'forgot' to re-select high flow on the engine driven hydraulics. Between electric pumps, engine driven pumps, and an emergency accumulator, a total brake failure is nearly impossible. Oops, indeed.

It's been since the early 80s since I flew a -30 series DC-9, but the hydraulics on that airplane are virtually foolproof and not prone to failure.

UNLESS... somebody 'forgot' to re-select high flow on the engine driven hydraulics. Between electric pumps, engine driven pumps, and an emergency accumulator, a total brake failure is nearly impossible. Oops, indeed.
NTSB report.

Brew on :mug:

Hopefully beginning of a happy and productive brew year:

On the right, conical of freshly brewed lager, working away & purging a clean keg. Center in back, first mead attempt, working way after a week. Left, two kegs of lager brewed two weeks ago, getting their D rest and spunding.
IMG_2428.JPG

Well THAT certainly explains it. Two hydro systems, one unavailable due to a leak and the other shut down. There goes the brakes AND nose wheel steering. Still should have had 3~6 brake applications from the emergency accumulator, but you have to activate it for it to work. Crew Resource Management (CRM) had clearly left the cockpit after clearing the runway. Not the first time, sadly won't be the last.

Well, the cellar is currently 49F, and temp control is important. The bubble wrap comes in free in long strips w some morebeer orders is easy to put on, take off. I suppose I should make it prettier or not post pictures eh?

Nah. It's important for people to see you can make great beer without a bunch of steel and chrome. Shipping material makes great insulators and the box the fermenter shipped in makes for a great cover.

20220102_094627.jpg

20220102_094711.jpg

Body count??

I was kinda' thinkin' the same thing. Lots of family, both local and out of state, are gathered here at the homestead (our version of Covid Christmas, verses our usual Holiday Destination Family Retreat at some "neutral" venue). Large family is an understatement. That looks like our "cork count" after an average brunch. It might go higher today since my son-in-law's Tampa Bay Bucs game is out of region for broadcast here in the D.C. viewing area, and I'm too cheap to pop for NFL Game Day packages.

Last edited:
Back