Random Picture Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Santa got my list.
1E23B190-EC8E-449D-B7DC-B150FB9DD07B.jpeg

That tractor looks both impressive and weird without a ladder rig behind it.
If a Philly suburb muni is getting rid of it it's likely not only clapped out but parts are probably tough to source...

If a Philly suburb muni is getting rid of it it's likely not only clapped out but parts are probably tough to source...
I think it’s been modified because it says “ENGINE 11”. A tiller tractor would say “TRUCK” or “LADDER”. I think this is her when she was still in service (obviously an Engine) Engine companies (fire suppression) and truck companies (search & rescue) are very sensitive about how they’re identified.
A2403F0C-E00E-4DB5-954D-7655E68CDBAE.jpeg

I wouldn’t be concerned about using that tractor for pulling an RV; that’s pretty light duty, and emergency services vehicles tend to be well maintained and don’t accumulate many miles. As Nick noted, it also appears to have been converted from an engine to a puller.

In a previous life, I was a maintenance tech for a DoD contractor, maintaining, among other things, airport CFR equipment, I’ve been a firefighter since 1977, and my business owns, operates, and maintains Class VIII trucks. So, I have a different point of reference. :cool:

Ok,... why didn't anyone tell me she announces noon with her cannons?

View attachment 753117

Full disclosure: I am so glad I wasn't navy back then, I don't think I would have hacked it.

I'm not a sailor; I was a passenger on a warship

Rum, sodomy and the lash in those days.

Been a long time since I've been to Balto. I (vaguely) recall hitting some seedy bars on Fells Point. I think it's turned into a hipster paradise now.

Still need to get back there someday. Lots of cool history. And crab cakes!

Rum sounds OK, hard pass on the sodomy & lash

didn't do Fell's Point this time, just Inner Harbor, & very little of that. there was a bierhaus in the Christmas Village & their centerpieces were my 2nd & 3rd favorite plants

20211218_123852.jpg

Rum, sodomy and the lash in those days.

Been a long time since I've been to Balto. I (vaguely) recall hitting some seedy bars on Fells Point. I think it's turned into a hipster paradise now.

Still need to get back there someday. Lots of cool history. And crab cakes!

@camonick, what do you think of this for a trailer puller?
View attachment 753067
My son sent me the pic; he found it on an rv site. He said it’s for sale for $35K.

damn, i had a witty comment set up about how it would need a bigger gas tank....but 35k? cheaper then a 'mobile' home...and about as nice!
Rum sounds OK, hard pass on the sodomy & lash

didn't do Fell's Point this time, just Inner Harbor, & very little of that. there was a bierhaus in the Christmas Village & their centerpieces were my 2nd & 3rd favorite plants

View attachment 753123

looks like 6-row, and i've never seen plastic hops before...link?

Latest posts

Back