Random NE IPA idea generator. [WTF ENGINE, NSFW?]

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pricelessbrewing

Brewer's Friend Software Manager
Reaction score
So I'm a big fan of ne ipas, and well they're not very complicated of a recipe. Take a base malt, add some flaked grain, and a maltier secondary grain, and throw a ton of juicy hops at it.

Thus, was WTFNEIPA born.

https://pricelessbrewing.github.io/wtfneipa/

Example 1:

**** it, why not brew

A hoppy 'Literal glass of orange juice' made with wyeast 1318, a grist of pilsner malt, 5% of golden oats, and 15% of biscuit malt. A hop bill of 2 oz each at 5 min of Idaho 007, zythos, and centennial. Dry hop day 3 with 1 oz each mosaic, huell melon, and mosaic.

**** that idea .

You should ****ing brew

a Hazy 'Jamil thinks this is a starter' made with wlp 008, a grist of marris otter, 30% of roasted wheat malt, and 5% of amber malt. A hop bill of 3 oz each at 5 min of galaxy, Mandarina bavaria, and summit. Dry hop day 4 with a whole god damn lb each citra, hallertauer blanc, and mosaic.

That sounds ****ing terrible

Excellent work.

I think you could extend it to sours and wild yeasts as well. "A $inappropriate_color_for $style brewed with $hipster_grain and fermented with yeast extracted from $disgusting_place, and aged on $random_stuff, and dosed with $wild_bug. Cellared for $unfeasible_time".

There's probably a saison version as well. ;)

Oh true.

Depending on how many pageviews I get, I might do a couple more styles then combine them and have the style as a drop down menu.

Latest posts

Back