Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
apparently the new dumbest thing the kids are doing these days is the COOK CHICKEN IN NYQUIL challenge

******* kids... everyone knows DAYQUIL is better for chicken & pork

save the NYQUIL for beef.

think of it this way: Dayquil is white wine, Nyquil is red
Hey. They're COOKING. Something other than meth. Don't discourage the little tykes.

OK

This

1663982744879.png

God I love cake.

They can always fly away from this rain and this cold
You can hear them, singing out their telegraph code
All the way

Down the Telegraph Road

Also, is there really anything better than red onion pepperoni cheese wheat thin crust pizza?
1664405575013.png

Yeah. Didn't think so.

years ago, overheard at a small diner, as we approached the cashier

older gentleman #1: you can't give a baby a porkchop!
older gentleman #2: brand new baby?
older gentlemen: nooooooo

Missed my uncles memorial today. Felt it wa unwise to drive down the East coast through the hurricane coming up. They had no power for quite a while in NC so I do think unmade the right call. You folks would’ve liked him. He made scadilliion gallons of red wine in (I presume washed, or at least rinsed) 35 gal garbage cans in his family room. Until one sprung a leak. I got a million stories like that. Good man. RIP.

i've heard otherwise...a waffle is a flat biscuit? a pancake is a puffy tortilla? gluten is the difference, and surface area, and heat?

do you use bisquick or something?:rolleyes: 😜

edit( damn now i want a few stuffed crepes! :mug:

I'm not sure about how they make waffles now, esp in restaurant chains, but in the old days, fresh whipped egg whites were folded in the batter. I've actually made them that way, but can't say I remember the details.

There might be some similar culinary fineness in making good crepes too, if I recall.

On a side note, it has been cold, rainy and out of the northeast. Nice and dreary, just the way we like it,,,, as Wednesday Addams would say...First fire in wood stove today, heat in house is a nice option.

On another side note, I'm sipping on my first real try of first mead I ever made, about 10 months ago.. interesting stuff..and not bad at all.

0F1DEAFE-9831-4ACA-8E63-C5BBA2995F7D.jpeg

Ale yeasted waffle dough with a lot of butter.
41AF0EB9-6096-43DE-90C6-E484B07768F7.jpeg

Belgian pearl sugar making a mess
F3FD8594-DD65-49F9-AC92-65433DAC5D82.jpeg
Crisp and delicious Liege waffle. The other thin batter Belgian waffle can stay crisp, but tends to soften when toppings are slathered. Both are tasty, batter is less work and more immediate than yeasted dough.

Waffles aside, has anyone ever seen a hurricane like Ian that freaking hangs around FOR-FREAKING-EVER? Doesn't it know that old adage about guests and fish smelling after three days? What the heck? It is *STILL* in Virginia. Move along now! Go rain on Ireland or something.

Waffles aside, has anyone ever seen a hurricane like Ian that freaking hangs around FOR-FREAKING-EVER? Doesn't it know that old adage about guests and fish smelling after three days? What the heck? It is *STILL* in Virginia. Move along now! Go rain on Ireland or something.

i've never seen a hurricane....

Just a few years back i think it was named Herman or Henry and it drenched Houston TX moved around and dumped on them twice. I’m sure someone close to that area will come along and correct me… it sounded pretty horrible.
edit: to correct spelling.

Last edited:
Me: hey, Google. Time & date

Google Home: it's 8 o'clock. Today.

It's rare I'm on this end of a dad joke. well-played, Google Home.

you should have thrown it for a loop, and thrown in 'grog orian calender' before the 'date'.. should have at least tested it to see if it's made you a soul less servant yet...or if it's still trying to translate human speak...

Roaming the web, stopped on a video of Cheryl Wheeler, a folk music singer songwriter, read this, laughed out loud:

"We went to church pretty much every Sunday...but we never got religious enough to start HATING people...."

--Cheryl Wheeler, "Lady Gaga's Singin' Program"

Grog's More-or-Less True Story Time:

In Vegas a couple years ago, we saw dinner & show based on the Sopranos & I was asked to participate.

They gave me 1 line, said I could improvise. "Tony, do you want me to beat this guy up?"

My cue came & I said in my best Paulie Walnuts voice, "yo, T... you want I should put a beatdown on this guy?"

Someone giggled. The wife, most likely

Back