Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this might not be random enough, but i just had the thought instead of all the science for figuring how much weight of co2 to carb a keg. to do it quick at 40psi.

why not just find out by really getting a work out and burst it at serving pressure, see how much it takes? then just duplicate that!

Sheesh, all this time with your cylinder on a scale and you haven't figured out how much CO2 it takes to carb five gallons of beer yet?

It takes 86.88 grams to 2.5 volumes...but that includes residual CO2 from fermentation, so...

Cheers!

Back of the envelope math: figure a beer ends fermentation holding .7 volumes of CO2, so only 1.8 volumes more is needed to hit 2.5.
That's 72% of the whole, so 62 grams ought to finish the job...

Cheers!

Sheesh, all this time with your cylinder on a scale and you haven't figured out how much CO2 it takes to carb five gallons of beer yet?

It takes 86.88 grams to 2.5 volumes...but that includes residual CO2 from fermentation, so...

Cheers!

no, no...i've got it pretty much nailed...if i finish fermenting in the fridge chilling it at 1.002-3-4 whatever give it 0.9ozs. but if i let it go all the way to 1.000 or less at 80-85f, give it 1.2oz....but it'd be nice to do a test run at serving pressure to make sure it's really perfect, just for fun....see how good my estimates actually are..... :mug:

edit: and all this time is a bit of a stretch, i've only been doing this once a week since sept of 2020....

Hmm? The few times I've fast-carbed rocking cold kegs at chart pressure I'd say I put a total of 30 minutes in per keg.
10 to start, another 10 a couple/few hours later, then two 5s over the rest of the day.
Assuming the same "get from .7 to 2.5" thing that's a bit under 2 minutes per tenth...

Cheers!

It's Thursday evening, heck, maybe even practically Friday (hopefully) as we are supposed to have some nice storm potential....

One thing I have to deal w tonight is my music contract ( w myself) that I have to have beer ready to drink while playing evening tunes on guitar. Already have a pleasant glow...Now my gal is warming up on the accordian and wants me to practice w her....hope it rains tomorrow. {;

[...]hope it rains tomorrow[...]

I think you're covered on that count :)

1625186424425.png

I'm thinking a good career move for Rudy G would be owning or managing a liquor store. By 1 or 2pm you might get more change that what you pay for your booze.

Actually, not a bad thought there -- require politicians to spend at least a certain required time working at a liquor store.

They would finally be in a position to help and provide voters, something that voters really want.

I drank some non homebrew beer for the first time in well over a year. Party leftovers (not my party either) coors light & blue point "smoked lager".

Tried the coors light, kind of a "wonderbread" of beer, w too sweet a finish & no flavor. I'd be happy to drink it if nothing else was around, ....did not finish it, have better stuff to drink.

The blue point "toasted lager", initially tasted better compared to the coors light, probably becasue it had some taste, but by end of beer & after taste, reminded me of exactly the coors light w some cheep version of some cara malt added (hopefully not just some corn sugar, but who knows) sweet taste lingering, and not in a good way. Did finish that one, but was a questionable choice on my part.

I guess I'm just saying that us home brewers that can brew the beer they want to drink should be happy, pleased w ourselves and of course grateful we got the means to make it happen.

yeah, but i don't
I drank some non homebrew beer for the first time in well over a year. Party leftovers (not my party either) coors light & blue point "smoked lager".

Tried the coors light, kind of a "wonderbread" of beer, w too sweet a finish & no flavor. I'd be happy to drink it if nothing else was around, ....did not finish it, have better stuff to drink.

The blue point "toasted lager", initially tasted better compared to the coors light, probably becasue it had some taste, but by end of beer & after taste, reminded me of exactly the coors light w some cheep version of some cara malt added (hopefully not just some corn sugar, but who knows) sweet taste lingering, and not in a good way. Did finish that one, but was a questionable choice on my part.

I guess I'm just saying that us home brewers that can brew the beer they want to drink should be happy, pleased w ourselves and of course grateful we got the means to make it happen.

been a year and a half since i drank store bought....now i want to tap my 100% victory batch, that didn't get scorced with a decotion because of white flour.....

and getting my tub ready for malt, brewed today. with homemalt, because a 10 gallon batch tastes better when it's $7 instead of $45.....i knew the devil was coming for my malt back in the end of 2015, which is why i learned how to do it, and now my fears are proven true! even buying cheap apple juice at the store is a bettetr deal then buying malt for a batch now :(

Have no doubt you could make hooch out of just about anything, bracc, but one reason we are here on this forum is to elevate brewing & brewing standards and expectations...for better & better beer that is...until it is so good you do not know what you would change....

drunken enough now dad?

Have no doubt you could make hooch out of just about anything, bracc,

can and do, still waiting for the ban hammer to come down! ;) :mug:

(just made barley sprout tea, got 78% effec with chicken feed. judging from the fermenter when i dumped it in, going to have great head retention)

No Kink shaming, dude!

It takes all kinds...

Like, I totally don't care that you're into long, smooth, straigth hose....
If that's what you like, more power to you, you hose-beast...

Who am I to judge?

:ghostly:

if i wasn't single, i'm sure the wife would complain about my aim without it.....

in fact there's another drunken thought, i hate it when i've been drinking. have to rush to the toilet for a leak. and my long somewhat straight hose is stuck to the side of my leg, and miss!

that might just be me too though :(

if i wasn't single, i'm sure the wife would complain about my aim without it.....

in fact there's another drunken thought, i hate it when i've been drinking. have to rush to the toilet for a leak. and my long somewhat straight hose is stuck to the side of my leg, and miss!

that might just be me too though :(

humble brag...

you and your hose...

:rock:

Rock out with your c*ck out!

It slays me that "cornhole" has become a thing, with network tv channels that fervently broadcast tournaments.
Cornhole. Seriously?
Of course the typical contestant appears to be a solid Type 2 "sugarbeets" patient.
Which makes the whole thing seem almost rational...

i want to put a shirt on, pull it over my head, and next pour be saying cornholio! i need tp for my bung hole...lol

edit: but that would be SOOOO 2020! ;)

Cornholio ... Good name for an adjunct lager.
[/QUOTE
A couple of years ago someone started a thread asking if an all corn beer could be brewed. Only half seriously I put together a recipe that was mostly (like 60-65%) corn and called it “Cornhole Lager”. A couple of sensitive flowers thought that was inappropriate. I subsequently brewed that recipe and it really wasn’t too bad. I call it “Corn .45” because it’s pretty close to Colt .45 but tastes better.

My vegan wife bought a sixer of milk stouts for me.

I am extremely lactose intolerant.

I’m going to drink one and see how long it takes me to explode.

What the hell, I’m COVID quarantined from work until I get lab results back. Got to do something, got nowhere to go.

Back