Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 3 and 6 yo kids. The other day, at like 6:30AM, while they were bouncing off the walls as they do, my girl looked at them through tired eyes and said what we were both thinking, “How do you have this much energy? Can I have some?”

My daughter’s matter of fact response was perfect:

“You’re not wild enough. You just have to be wild and then energy happens!”

I think she nailed it. Gonna try to be more wild.

too old for this ****.gif

Since I can’t go to bars anymore, y’all will have to be my drinking buddies tonight. I passed my AWS certified solutions architect exam today! 😁 Somebody raise a glass with me!

Cheers!

Since I can’t go to bars anymore, y’all will have to be my drinking buddies tonight. I passed my AWS certified solutions architect exam today! 😁 Somebody raise a glass with me!

Cheers!
Well done sir.
I fondly remember programming. But that was with paper tape or Hollerith fields on punch cards. Sigh. Go forth and create great Hadoop whatevers!

Well done sir.
I fondly remember programming. But that was with paper tape or Hollerith fields on punch cards. Sigh. Go forth and create great Hadoop whatevers!

Yes! Nice! One thing that is always true about technology is that we all stand upon the shoulders of those who came before us!
/respect 🙂

I use The Force.

Did the hand cranking once or twice. Went to Harbor Freight pretty quickly for a drill.
I've always thought that was the perfect scenario for something bicycle related. Like, "The Pedal Mill".

*Well, whaddaya know...

Last edited:
I’m realizing everything I need to know about life I learned from the Metallica black album.. 😁

I've always thought that was the perfect scenario for something bicycle related. Like, "The Pedal Mill".

*Well, whaddaya know...

didn't know Ed Begeley, Jr was a HOMEBREWER!

(much as I mock treehuggers, at least EBJr walks the walk)

Pro tip - My ******* accidentally touched a 425 oven rack. Immediately dunked the finger in a cup of apple cider vinegar and held it in there for like 20 mins. No pain, no real blister. It’s magic.
B3265E22-9B42-42E0-829F-F2B5DBE87C88.jpeg

Every time I think of a cool name for a beer, someone has already named a beer that.
Just saw this and had to comment....I make an IPA with Citra and Sabro, and named it Sabrotooth. Somebody else already has the name on their own homebrew, and it made me :mad:. They use Mosaic as well as Citra and Sabro, which to me seems sacreligious.....

Just saw this and had to comment....I make an IPA with Citra and Sabro, and named it Sabrotooth. Somebody else already has the name on their own homebrew, and it made me :mad:. They use Mosaic as well as Citra and Sabro, which to me seems sacreligious.....

LOL, it cracks me up i invented Brüt IPA in early 2015, you do the math! (i just am not a marketer, just thought it crappy homebrew!)

has anyone actually ever used the hand crank handle that came with their grain mill? lol
Once. For about 3 lbs. Then I hied me to HD and bought a corded drill. Then one of the rollers sheared off. I now have a very ghetto motorized mill that I bought from my brewpub friend that is AWERSOME.

I now have a very ghetto motorized mill

woman, if you think you're living the thug life. this is my mill! i just put a 5 gallon bucket on top with a 3" hole cut out the bottom for a hopper! :mug: got the last 1/2" drill from HF that had a speed lock trigger too!

mill.jpg

the light isn't bright, but yes that's a JSP, with a couple bolts in the holes it came with and 2x4's with nails to keep the bucket from falling off! 😛

woman, if you think you're living the thug life. this is my mill! i just put a 5 gallon bucket on top with a 3" hole cut out the bottom for a hopper! :mug: got the last 1/2" drill from HF that had a speed lock trigger too!

View attachment 709616

the light isn't bright, but yes that's a JSP, with a couple bolts in the holes it came with and 2x4's with nails to keep the bucket from falling off! 😛
Okay you win! Guess mine isn't as ghetto as I thought....20201209_174427[1].jpg20201209_174433[1].jpg.

Back