Random Drunken Thoughts Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carry on=carrion=dead animals ...dead animals to all who inspire us to these depths... yall doin a decent job of it.

Could government become Agile. What if laws were changed incrementally, rather than dropping another stack of (bill + pork + riders, or spending omnibus style. Require a super majority for incremental change and we could check the partisan seesaw.

Girlfriend: “I cleaned out your car. I left the bullets on the counter.”
Me: “Bullets? WTF?”
Counter:
01ED0693-0288-40F0-A57D-537564497FB3.jpeg

🤣

Ever get the feeling that the story's too damned real and in the present tense?
And that everybody's on the stage and you're the only person left sitting in the audience?

I really have to stop sampling apfelwein...

so i was in another thread, about walking past your fermenter on a wood floor, and knocking co2 out of solution.

as i left wondering about it, for some reason, i had a strange imaging completly unrelated, about a racking cane with a bunch of tee's, to split it off to 54 tips, so you could make bottling almost as easy as kegging! ;)

just use an auto siphon, and put all the tips in the bottles at once, then start the siphon! :mug:

[...] as i left wondering about it, for some reason, i had a strange imaging completly unrelated, about a racking cane with a bunch of tee's, to split it off to 54 tips, so you could make bottling almost as easy as kegging! ;)

just use an auto siphon, and put all the tips in the bottles at once, then start the siphon! :mug:

Preferential flow behavior could be an epic issue...

Cheers!

^^^Dude, they just granted you a forum like this for high class contributors like you, just like you requested, and us lower classes on HBT can't join or see. You still gonna rain down on us commons? Typical ;}

No, I'm not going to say anything stupid(talk about effin restraint!).

^^^Dude, they just granted you a forum like this for high class contributors like you, just like you requested, and us lower classes on HBT can't join or see. You still gonna rain down on us commons? Typical ;}

No, I'm not going to say anything stupid(talk about effin restraint!).

not quite a random drunken thought...but, huh? i did request a "supporting member drunken rambling forum"...but haven't gotten it yet? lol, so i'm stuck doing my mindless mumbling, with the lowly normal folk! pfft.... ;) :mug:

Rest assured, I wish you no ill will at all. Heck, I even wish you fair tidings and gook luck.

text is always hard to emote....but honestly i'm seriously going to put a tee on my racking cane and fill two kegs at once, or overflow one trying! ;)

Saw a sign at a business today that said, “You are free to enter without a mask but all other clothing must also be removed.” 😆

i thought of that! but now i'm thinking, instead of counterflow, maybe pull a vacuum? with a check valve or something, that stopped the flow when the bottle was full?

I don't think check valves would help.

Wrt the preferential flow thing...my recirculating six faucet/beer line cleaning rig uses a manifold to collect the faucet runnings back to the pump bucket. It has a drain tube at each end, but it almost always drains entirely through one or the other.

I have to physically intervene, pinching the draining line to cause flow through the other, then position everything just right to keep both drain lines running.

It's an OC thing - It's evident one drain is sufficient, but I want symmetry :)

Cheers!

Symmetry can be satisfying, but can also become a crutch and limit creativity,

Anyway, I just spilled some beer on my computer table here, and it got on a bunch of stuff, I already cleaned it up, sort of, but brought to mind informal poll:

1. your cut off, brush teeth and go to bed.

2. go to cellar next door and draw another pint of 6% brew (prolly around # 6 for evening).

3. your too full for beer (yeah I made a good supper too), have some whisky and a headache tomorrow.

Already took care of wife's aminals and livestock (she is away w another dying relative again). Likely too late clean firearms, and ,,,certainly too gone to drive, already played the acoustic for a bit.

At least we live in "interesting times" ...not that is always a good thing....still, a lot of people complain when things are going pretty smooth and it is boring.

I don't think check valves would help.

Wrt the preferential flow thing...my recirculating six faucet/beer line cleaning rig uses a manifold to collect the faucet runnings back to the pump bucket. It has a drain tube at each end, but it almost always drains entirely through one or the other.

I have to physically intervene, pinching the draining line to cause flow through the other, then position everything just right to keep both drain lines running.

It's an OC thing - It's evident one drain is sufficient, but I want symmetry :)

Cheers!
This ought to do a number on your OC need for symmetry:

1603588171860.png

Burt Rutan's Boomerang. Has more benign one engine out performance/handling than a "normal" twin configuration. I saw this aircraft IRL at Oshkosh back in the mid 1990's.

Brew on :mug:

Last time someone tried to land a twin there they ended up rolling right through the safety run-out into the trees.
Nobody got hurt even a little bit, but I watched the wreckage get loaded up and flat-bedded out of town...

Cheers!

This ought to do a number on your OC need for symmetry:

View attachment 703874

Burt Rutan's Boomerang. Has more benign one engine out performance/handling than a "normal" twin configuration. I saw this aircraft IRL at Oshkosh back in the mid 1990's.

Brew on :mug:
I remember reading Burt‘s thorough, step by step, explanation of the aerodynamics involved in that design. The man is a genius. Scaled Composites rarely disappoints.

Pretty sure "hooking" kegs with toenails put you in a very, very tiny cohort.
That take's a special combination of talent and personal grooming practices...

Cheers! (few have that ;))

i swear i just cut my toenails, but it's seems like every time i'm kegging barefoot, i grab a keg and that damn, bottom rubber base hooks my toenail, and it hurts! end up cussing it out for a while.

I feel your pain. I'm an inveterate bare-footer. I drive bare-footed almost year 'round, and I can count the number of times I've worn socks since ~April on one hand - and so far not once at home. Which means lots of dings - I keep a good stock of small flexible Band-Aids.

I've never "hooked" anything though as I'm a trimmer. I mostly just drive toes into immovable objects.
Amazing how many nerve endings there are in toes. Not sure why...

Cheers!

I feel your pain. I'm an inveterate bare-footer. I drive bare-footed almost year 'round, and I can count the number of times I've worn socks since ~April on one hand - and so far not once at home. Which means lots of dings - I keep a good stock of small flexible Band-Aids.

I've never "hooked" anything though as I'm a trimmer. I mostly just drive toes into immovable objects.
Amazing how many nerve endings there are in toes. Not sure why...

Cheers!
I’m the opposite. Pretty much only take my socks off to bathe. Can’t sleep without them. Getting kind of cold in New England for barefoot driving these days isn’t it?

My teeth...are they everlasting gobstoppers??...that taste like...teeth???

Since I was a tiny tot I've wondered whether they are dissolving at a rate so slow that I won't notice until I'm 90 years old.

Sometimes when I'm stuck in an endless meeting that I can't escape I'll lick em and think, 'mmm, teeth lollypops!'

I’m the opposite. Pretty much only take my socks off to bathe. Can’t sleep without them. Getting kind of cold in New England for barefoot driving these days isn’t it?

Not yet :)

I was up at our White Mountains cabin last doing some electrical and heat exchanger duct work, went up Wednesday morning, came home Friday evening, never put socks on, just leather loafers when out of the house in public. It's probably some kind of weirdness, perhaps age related, but I feel more connected to our shared Reality without socks.

I also tend to stick my feet out the end of the bedding, but at 6' 5" that happens even on our California King :D

Cheers!

Back