Random brew day question..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spriggan486

Reaction score
Ok so, I am sitting here at my desk at work and I all of a sudden got the urge to brew today but i don't have really any worthy ingredients at the moment... I have like 5 pounds of random DME.. 3lb extra light, 1lb dark, and 1lb wheat.. and a couple OZ of hops just laying around doing nothing... is there anything worth while I could do with it?

You could go through your spice cabinet and add something unique from that. Maybe a Cinnamon stick or some nutmeg 1/4-1/2 of a nut ground I'm guessing

as long as you got some yeast I say go for it, you might make something completely new and awesome. I did my first two batches completely off the cuff and they both came out really good.

Yeah, im just gonna throw it all together and see what comes out. I'll drink it regardless of how it tastes ha

Sounds like a nice light english brown ale if you don't hop it up too much. And if you do...call it an Amber Ale! Cheers!

Thanks for the replies! I did the recipe as follows..

4lb extra light DME
1lb dark DME
1oz kent goldings 60 minutes
.5oz kent goldings 15 minutes
Nottingham Ale yeast.

OG of 1.045

Hopefully a tasty product will result.

Back