Rahr white wheat bags

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruteforce

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Is it weird to anyone else how hard it is to find what kind of grain is in a rahr white wheat bag? For realz. All I wanted was a bag of wheat, not a mystery.

It's amazing how bad my english is when I try to summarize things for a forum.

rah072816084419.jpg

Notice the bag. There is no mention of what is inside, Just rahr malting co. on the front. The contents are in smaller letters on the side of the bag, but that requires flipping bags around, which is inconvenient when you've got over 1 ton of grain in bags in your basement.

That's my issue.

I have the same problem with Gambrinus. They have a tag stitched to the bag closure. Open the bag, the tag is now loose. Throw it in the bag, it somehow buries itself before you open it next time, even though you never actually move the sack.

Thick permanent marker FTW.

I have the same problem with Gambrinus. They have a tag stitched to the bag closure. Open the bag, the tag is now loose. Throw it in the bag, it somehow buries itself before you open it next time, even though you never actually move the sack.

Thick permanent marker FTW.

Good idea. Mind if I appropriate it?:mug:

It's amazing how bad my english is when I try to summarize things for a forum.

rah072816084419.jpg

Notice the bag. There is no mention of what is inside, Just rahr malting co. on the front. The contents are in smaller letters on the side of the bag, but that requires flipping bags around, which is inconvenient when you've got over 1 ton of grain in bags in your basement.

That's my issue.

So you have about 40 bags of grain in your basement? A group buy? Or a huge amount of home brewing.

A large marker! Write on the side below Rahr Malting Co. since 1847.

So you have about 40 bags of grain in your basement? A group buy? Or a huge amount of home brewing.

A large marker! Write on the side below Rahr Malting Co. since 1847.

Well, I'm down to 30 bags now, but yeah, lots of grain. My club couldn't organize a group buy, so I just bought a bunch of base malts and sell it off a bag at a time at cost plus a few bucks if someone needs some. I tend to go through about 1000 pounds a year myself though.

Is it that hard to write on the front of a bag with a big Sharpie to identify it?

Back