R.I.P. @Bracconiere

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait, are you suggestig he was abducted by aliens or is an alien? Maybe he just went home, or to visit Elvis. Maybe comes from a planet covered in ethanol, and is just trying to produce a comfortable environment....
Strong possibility, there is DMS on this planet after all, suggesting a homebrewer present on this planet.

Wait, are you suggestig he was abducted by aliens or is an alien? Maybe he just went home, or to visit Elvis. Maybe comes from a planet covered in ethanol, and is just trying to produce a comfortable environment....

How do we know he wasn't the abductor?

25584ff5e548284fbc00537424b29e9a.jpg

Hi Everybody,

I know I haven’t responded to the thread in a while and for that I apologize.

I do have some unfortunate news, after reaching out by mail I finally got a response today. Our dear friend @bracconiere has passed away.

A representative from his family called me this morning and gave me the news. He said a few people had reached out and he was just now getting back to people.

I want to respect his and his families privacy so that’s all I’ll say here. I am shocked and saddened as I’m sure most of you are, he was young (mid 40’s). The representative did let me know that his beer equipment was taken by the new owner of his home and a charitable donation was made in his name from the sale of personal belongings/house per his wishes.

So while I’m not really sure how to conclude but I will say this. I miss my friend and his crazy antics and I hope he’s resting easy drinking the good stuff with the people he loved who passed before him.

Wow. That's unfortunate news. It's also really strange to have this kind of resolution to a HBT friend's disappearance.

That is very sad news. He will be missed. In fact, he already has been missed as evidenced by this thread.

The representative did let me know that his beer equipment was taken by the new owner of his home and a charitable donation was made in his name from the sale of personal belongings/house per his wishes.
If you don't think it's too much of an intrusion, do you happen to know the name of the charity? Just in case anyone here might like to memorialize their old buddy in that way.

That is very sad news. He will be missed. In fact, he already has been missed as evidenced by this thread.

If you don't think it's too much of an intrusion, do you happen to know the name of the charity? Just in case anyone here might like to memorialize their old buddy in that way.

I wasn’t given that information unfortunately. The representative who contacted me kept it pretty short and to the point.

Thank you for the update @Sammy86 and thank you @seatazzz for starting this thread. Prior to the start of the thread, I did notice that @bracconiere was not participating in the forums, which, as you know, was totally out of his character.

I admit, that he drove me crazy at times but he will surely be missed.

Cheers!
Kevin

Last edited:
Perhaps the thread could be retitled to include RIP @braconniere. He's gone but not forgotten by us and I'm always sad to hear of someone moving on to their final brewery. Cheers from me, so young. Goodbye.
Done.

I too had feared this might be why Brac disappeared so suddenly. He was a unique character and has already been missed around here.

Brew on :mug:

That's sad news, the last interaction I had with him was nagging him to get a headset so we could play Steel Division together.
Given his past I suppose it might have been some latent heart issues from CNS stimulant abuse.
His antics will be missed and I am sure he enjoys the nectar of gods in Valhall.

Guys, I've been busy with work and other stuff the last week, and just got this news this morning. A huge heartfelt thank you to @Sammy86 for his efforts to find out what happened to our dear friend.

I don't have words right now. I might later. Thanks to all of you for the responses to this thread. I hope it keeps going. But if it falls by the wayside, I'll be coming back every once in a while to read all the great things we wrote about @bracconiere .

Rest easy, my dear friend. And if there is manna in heaven, I'm sure you'll figure out how to malt it.

I sometimes think of this song on such an occasion

But it doesn't feel right. Yesterday I looked for the scene from Rings Of Power where the harfoots (nomadic hobbit ancestors) remembered those who fell off the trail, and toasted them with "we wait for you". That seems more fitting, given bracc's personality.

Saw this last night and I just don't know what to say. It's a rare perspective that can freely be silly and serious at the same time, like a quirky high-school teacher, often annoying many, but deeply relatable to others.
Everyone has their own style of Humerous Insight, but bracc's I will greatly miss.
I will think of him every time I DIY-repurpose unlikely items just to try out something new. Maybe the shaggy slippers for a floor mop didn't work for him, but I'm more determined now to find a way to squeeze them out...maybe a paint-tray with some kind kind of spring-loaded topend..

I shared many of braccs posts with my wife as I got numerous laughs from him. Always interesting conversation, and sometimes struggling to make any sense of what he was posting. I would share one my favorite back and forths I had with him in a thread but I cant because it was the first (and only time so far) that I got reprimanded by a mod and had a post deleted, so I wont repeat it, but it was hilarious and I considered him a partner in crime for our little banter that crossed the line. RIP Bracc.

Cheers

Back