Quick Question about a Hop Schedule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meatwad

Reaction score
Thought I'd put it up to you guys.
I'm going to brew a ESB today, here's the hop sched. My question, are the last two additions at "flameout?" Or is that a dry hop?

use time oz variety
boil 60 mins 1.0 East Kent Goldings
boil 30 mins 1.0 Willamette info
boil 10 mins 0.5 East Kent Goldings
boil 10 mins 0.5 Willamette
post-boil 30 mins 0.5 East Kent Goldings
post-boil 30 mins 0.5 Willamette

I'm assuming flameout, but just checking my math. Thanks!

if i may ask a follow up to meatwad's question, how long should "flameout" hops normally be left in the wort? his hop schedule specifies "post-boil 30 min." but what if it doesn't? should they be left in until the wort is chilled to pitching temp? for that matter, how long after the boil should ANY of the hops be left in the kettle?

if i may ask a follow up to meatwad's question, how long should "flameout" hops normally be left in the wort? his hop schedule specifies "post-boil 30 min." but what if it doesn't? should they be left in until the wort is chilled to pitching temp? for that matter, how long after the boil should ANY of the hops be left in the kettle?

Through chilling.

It doesn't really matter for bittering hops- they've given up all they are going to during the boil. But aroma additions should be left in through chilling.

Latest posts

Back