Question on swapping kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cevan65

Reaction score
I just built a three tap keezer last month. I currently have two kegs on tap. One is about to kick (probably tonight). I will be kegging my current batch in about a week. Is it ok to leave the beer line as is and just run a pint through of the new beer when it’s hooked up in a week? I'm not sure how often I need to run the line cleaner through.

In my experience, if you let it go dry it is a good idea to clean it. Wet to wet, just let the first pint do its job!

I flush my lines with StarSan when a keg kicks, unless I have another keg to connect. I don't like the keg dregs sitting in the line for any length of time. When I connect a new keg, the first cloudy pint pushes the StarSan out. About every 4 or 5 kegs, I flush the lines properly.

I flush my lines with StarSan when a keg kicks, unless I have another keg to connect. I don't like the keg dregs sitting in the line for any length of time. When I connect a new keg, the first cloudy pint pushes the StarSan out. About every 4 or 5 kegs, I flush the lines properly.

Prior to transferring from fermentor to keg, I have been filling the keg with San Star and then pushing it out to leave the keg full of only CO2. I suppose I could push it through the beer line and voila. Thanks.

Back