Question Converting a Black and Decker Fridge/Freezer into Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Comdor

Reaction score
I recently received a Black and Decker Mini Fridge and had some questions before converting it into a kegerator. The BCF46B model is 4.52 cu. ft and has a freezer compartment that looks like it would be easy to unhinge and bend back. I plan on adding a tower to the top of the fridge, but I had some concerns about drilling a hole on top. Most conversions I saw consisted of a plastic top that was taken off, but the Black and Decker mini fridge does not have one. Has anybody successfully converted a Black and Decker mini fridge or know if there are any issues in doing so.

I was able to successfully bend back the fridge compartment. I went ahead and did the cornstarch technique, but didn't find anything other than it drying quickly around the outer edges of the fridge. I did notice that the sides warm up making me second guess about drilling a hole on the side for the CO2 hose.

If you are unsure at all, best to carefully cut away the inner liner with a knife prior to drilling so you can actually see if the area is free of any coolant lines.

I have the exact same fridge and want to convert mine too. How'd yours turn out? Was everything cool to drill the hole on top? Is it necessary to modify the door panel?

Any info is greatly appreciated

Thanks

Any updates on this? I am looking at the same fridge on CL and wondering if I should get it. Looking for the tower option so coolant lines in the top need to be mapped out.

Finally ordered the tower and everything this week. Looking forward to getting everything set up next weekend.

Looks like the conversion went smoothly. I tried to use the cornstarch trick, but found that it dried up quickly on the sides rather than in the middle. Assuming I had nothing to worry about, I measured straight down the middle from the back 9 inches and began to drill. Nothing was damaged and proceeded with making two holes on the side just above the hump in the inside for the Co2 lines. I want to find some fittings for the outside so the holes on the side look nicer and are more snug, but I"m pretty proud of the results.

Latest posts

Back