Question about too much LME too soon in the boil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeremybwilson

Reaction score
So I just brewed up a NB Belgian Tripel partial grain kit and realized about 45 minutes into my boil that I put all 9 pounds of LME in at the start of the 60 minute boil instead of holding back the 6 pound bottle until the last 20 mins of the boil (as the instructions call for).

Did I just ruin my Tripel?

So I just brewed up a NB Belgian Tripel partial grain kit and realized about 45 minutes into my boil that I put all 9 pounds of LME in at the start of the 60 minute boil instead of holding back the 6 pound bottle until the last 20 mins of the boil (as the instructions call for).

Did I just ruin my Tripel?

As long as it did not scorch you will be fine. As the previous poster pointed out, it will be a bit darker (caramelized).
Enjoy it when it is done conditioning.
RDWHAHB.

You might not get as much hop utilization but it probably won't make a noticeable difference in this, as the others said color will be the biggest thing.

Thanks, I suspected it would be primarily a color (carmelization) issue. I did nearly a four step starter using Wyeast 3787 and the blow off tube is in full effect.

Back