Question about specialy grains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesa512

Reaction score
I usually have my grains crushed when I order kits. If you purchase large quantities of grains then you should crush them yourself, but your getting a small amount of grains with those kits and using them fairly quickly so having them crushed is convenient and makes the most sense, IMO.

Hello everyone,

I went to purchase a couple recipe kits online when it prompted me with a questions. These are the two kits I am ordering.

Hank's Hefe Weizen w/ Danstar Munich dry yeast :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies

Amarillo Pale Ale w/Munton's 6 gm dry yeast :: Midwest Supplies Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies

They asked me if I wanted my grains crushed. So my question is, do you normally want your grains crushed? Thanks so much.

If you don't have your own mill, then you'll want the store to crush your grains for you before sending them out. They must be crushed to be used, and crushing them with a rolling pin will work in desperate circumstances, but if they'll crush them for you then that's best!

Back