Question about dry hopping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerisuber

Reaction score
I was planning on dry hopping after a week of fermentation but my friend said I can do it on e the foam has gone down. Should I wait? Any other tips for doing this? I've never dry hopped before...

The fermentation process blows off a lot of the volatile hop oils released when dry hopping, which is why you should wait for primary fermentation to finish before dry hoping. Foam may indicate where your fermentation is at but then again it may not.

Do it off your gravity readings.

The fermentation process blows off a lot of the volatile hop oils released when dry hopping, which is why you should wait for primary fermentation to finish before dry hoping. Foam may indicate where your fermentation is at but then again it may not.

Do it off your gravity readings.

+1. I just keep to an easy rule of wait 3 wks in primary then dry hop for fourth week and typically it's ready by then.

I was only planning on leaving it in the carboy for about 17 days... My building is being sprayed for termites so I didn't want it still I. The fermenter during that

Latest posts

Back