Question about backsweetening

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlinz

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Does anybody not use the k meta and sorbate when backsweetening in the keg? I was wondering if things would turn out fine if I just put the concentrate in the keg without them. I have a suspicion they are giving me migraines.

Some yeasts will continue to ferment even at keg temperatures. It'll slow down but not stop. So depending on how long the keg lasts you might get way with not stabilizing. I always stabilize because a keg can go for a couple months in my house.

If you keep the keg very cold, you’ll probably be fine although I have had a few (hard lemonade) keep fermenting a little even at fridge temperatures.

Just make sure that you don’t give someone a bottle or growler to take home and keep for a while, until it’s totally can completely clear and has been for a while.

If you keep the keg very cold, you’ll probably be fine although I have had a few (hard lemonade) keep fermenting a little even at fridge temperatures.

Just make sure that you don’t give someone a bottle or growler to take home and keep for a while, until it’s totally can completely clear and has been for a while.

That’s what I’m thinking. Hard to imagine s04 or s05 will ferment much at 36 degrees. I keg, and even though I should, I haven’t been giving too many growlers or bottles away. [emoji14] Love constantly having a cider on hand, by the way, highly recommended.

Back