Punta Cana DR

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastAndy

Reaction score
The wife and I are planning a vacation for our anniversary in April. We've been looking at going to the Dominican Republic specifically Punta Cana. We've found some good prices for 5 nights with airfare at a couple all inclusive resorts. Anyone ever been to the DR? Any thoughts on the all inclusive idea?

Cheers

I've been there. I was at Paradisus (sp?) and resort is beautiful (or at least it was 12 years ago), but if you or someone in your party can't speak Spanish you'll have a hard time getting around in DR. And driving there is not for the faint of heart. Once you're at the resort there isn't a lot to do other than what's at the facility, but that's why I was there. Beware of people who offer to change currency, you could end up with counterfeit pesos.

Thanks for the heads up on cash. The resort we are looking just opened late 2011 so hopefully it's all they claim it to be. We live in Las Vegas so we are really looking for a week of slow pace and nothing to do. Maybe rent a couple kayaks, fin that pool bar and just relax.

Cheers.

Back