Pumps and silicon tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmlavoy

Reaction score
So, I'm about to invest in a pump, and was going to get some tubing to use with it for high temperatures. I was looking at the silicon tubing, but then I noticed on Morebeer that they say it can't take very much pressure. I know a few people on this site use it. Is there any concern with bursting at higher temps? I was going to use it for my HLT/MLT.

So, I'm about to invest in a pump, and was going to get some tubing to use with it for high temperatures. I was looking at the silicon tubing, but then I noticed on Morebeer that they say it can't take very much pressure. I know a few people on this site use it. Is there any concern with bursting at higher temps? I was going to use it for my HLT/MLT.

No concerns at all with using it in conjunction with a march pump. You can see it on my setup here: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=39422

Nice. Thanks for the tip.

Are those the plastic disconnects on your system? Also, is it me, or does it appear that your pump has the ball valve on the inlet side?

Yeah, those are plastic QDs from both MoreBeer and Austins (they sell the same thing). The ball valve is on the outlet, I took the head off the pump and rotated it 180 degrees...

Back