Proven Home Brewing Things that Make SWMBO Really Mad

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am surprised I forgot this and it hasn't been mentioned.
43) Take homebrew to every party you go to in case the hosts are beerdorks and have a cooler full of Miller Lite and Bud. Then insist that you drink it out of a glass instead of a plastic cup.

44) Tell her that your next batch will be a vanilla stout for her, then change your mind and brew an IPA instead.

25) While she's out with the girls, removing everything from the bottom half of the second fridge and loading it up with kegs that need to be chilled/carbed, and feeding whatever doesn't fit back in to the dog.

LMFAO. I got a good laugh from this one. I got great visuals of the dog sitting there happily wagging his tail and bouncing about as all the food kept hitting the floor next to him. :)

33)
LR.jpg

Not mine by the way :D

That pic is eerily similiar to the condition my living room is in.

#46? - drink the homebrew all the time, ask when there will be more, but not clean any bottles (he is getting better)

#47 - go across the street on the weekend to do neighbour renovation projects, leaving SWMBO unable to bottle since she can't lift the buckets or carboys

#48 - drink the beer she likes instead of the stuff she brewed specifically for you that she doesn't like...

I may be going at this from the wrong perspective, or maybe not...

49) When approached with that one last item....SWMBO is the one who uses the sentence "think of all the money we will save" as she rolls her eyes.

50) When you buy another fridge telling her we can buy more food in bulk to save money and then fill the freezer with fruit to make wine and 5 kegs of beer in the fridge!
51) Have the basement waterproofed ($4900)to fix the leaks and tel her that it will be finished and become the family room and then build a wine and beer making room on one side and a wine cellar on the other side! :)

52) Take the shelves out of the bottom half of the fridge to crash cool a keg and fail to put them back in.

#54 - Make her buy 5 oranges. Zest them for a recipe then forget you left them in the fridge and complain that the fridge smells weird when they get all moldy.

Let's see... I have done these:
#19 Spent grain in the compost pile near the window is a bad idea.

Here Here! She was all about having a compost pile close to the house for food scraps til I started dumping grains in it. Well I turned it last weekend and HOLY $HIT! I've NEVER smelled anything that bad in my life. It smelled so bad for 3-4 days we wouldn't even open the back door.

#55 Get mad because she threw "the wrong beer bottles" in the recycling.

#56 Refusing to go to certain restaurants because they don't sell the beer you want to drink.

51) Have the basement waterproofed ($4900)to fix the leaks and tel her that it will be finished and become the family room and then build a wine and beer making room on one side and a wine cellar on the other side!

If my family had a family room like that, I might still be on speaking terms.

59. Become very close personal friends with the guys who work at the local hardware store. "Hey, Lorena! Brewing again?", from all over the store each time you walk in looking for a new piece of tubing or different fittings for a CFC. Talking about flux, and sweating copper. He found that very irritating.

#56 Refusing to go to certain restaurants because they don't sell the beer you want to drink.

Thankfully the SWMBO has this one down pat, and checks out the beer selections before making any decisions on which places we go.

#60. Leaving 3 carboys soaking in PBW in the guest bathroom, when the visiting in laws are supposed to be trying to take a shower.

"I told you 2 weeks ago to move your beer stuff out of the bathroom, my mom could not take a shower this morning" says the SWMBO.

"Sorry about that, but there is not enough room in the basement for it all" said the about to get jacked up husband.

16. When she comes out to the kitchen to make some food 5 minutes before the end of the boil, shoo her out and tell her she should have thought about eating at the start of the boil, now it’s time to chill the wort.

Hahaha, I've done that! Funny, my wife doesn't drink beer or even like the smell of cooking wort. But she LOVES to bottle!

She gets mad at me if I bottle without enlisting her help. She's now to the point where I can tell her that a batch needs to be bottled and she can almost do it unsupervised: racking, priming, sterilizing, etc. If I bottle without her, she gets mad at me.

She fills, I empty---this is the key to marital bliss.

12. Say, with the upmost sincerity, "I swear dear! This is ________is the very last item I need. I promise, I won't need anything else ever." Then two weeks later, remember why you need just "one more thing".

I laughed so hard at this one!

Hmmmm. I was never scolded for any of this. Why is it that you people are still married and I'm divorced???????????

Maybe your (former)SWMBO just held it all in? 1 million little things and then a stuck sparge made her crack and she went crazy? :)

63. Insist that you absolutely need this last part for your chopper project (hubby tells me this is what you call it when you build a bike) and effectively use up the homebrewing budget, putting off SWMBOs plan to move to AG before April by at least another month...

No wait, that doesn't work...

63. Explain that you really need to pay your winter tuition so that you can register for your classes and workterm in the spring, effectively putting AG on hold another month...

No, that doesn't work either...

63. Complaining that SWMBO's beer is taking up too much room in the fridge, and that there isn't room for your beer, what with her not drinking fast enough...

Hmm... that might not work either...

63. Not buying SWMBO brewing equipment for Valentines.

There, that is better ;)

64: getting yelled at for not cleaning up right away because you are chilling the wort or doing something else that need immediate attention. Jeeez.
65: waking up earlier than you ever do to brew and end up waking up SWMBO in the process
66: coming home on the weekends to do nothing but brew and then leave. I'm guilty of this quite often.

#67: The wife puts a moritorium on brewing, you agree, then she finds you boiling jars for yeast.
I WAS cleaning the kitchen at the same time...

Hahaha, I've done that! Funny, my wife doesn't drink beer or even like the smell of cooking wort. But she LOVES to bottle!

She gets mad at me if I bottle without enlisting her help. She's now to the point where I can tell her that a batch needs to be bottled and she can almost do it unsupervised: racking, priming, sterilizing, etc. If I bottle without her, she gets mad at me.

She fills, I empty---this is the key to marital bliss.

So, does your wife have a sister who is single & loves to bottle? :D

12. Say, with the upmost sincerity, "I swear dear! This is ________is the very last item I need. I promise, I won't need anything else ever." Then two weeks later, remember why you need just "one more thing".

I take the Fifth.

And I insure I am always home to grab FedEx packages.

69- Ask if she wants to come over for the weekend, and inform her on arrival that not only are we brewing today, we're bottling as well.

I kid, she knew what she was getting into and seemed to have fun, except for the aching back. With me footing the bill, she brewed her first batch a few weeks later.

69- Ask if she wants to come over for the weekend, and inform her on arrival that not only are we brewing today, we're bottling as well.

I kid, she knew what she was getting into and seemed to have fun, except for the aching back. With me footing the bill, she brewed her first batch a few weeks later.

Haha, pwnt. I'm totally going to do this for a first date. I'm calling it right now.

call on the way home from the lhbs and say "hey, i'm gonna need to spend a couple hundred on the credit card for some beer stuff, if i don't i'm gonna have some beer go bad, and then i'd lose the money i spent to brew it in the first place"

then when she tries to give a bit of resistance explain to her that you already did it and are almost home.

Back