Priming beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrbeer1991

Reaction score
Will someone please tell me if I did this right, What I did was fill a frying pan halfway up with water put it on to a boil and then dissolved the priming sugar into the frying pan then I pored the dissolve sugar water into my beer stirred it around a little waited a few minutes forward to settle and then bottled my beer that I do this right?

Will someone please tell me if I did this right, What I did was fill a frying pan halfway up with water put it on to a boil and then dissolved the priming sugar into the frying pan then I pored the dissolve sugar water into my beer stirred it around a little waited a few minutes forward to settle and then bottled my beer that I do this right?

Normally, you'd fix the priming solution, pour it into the bottling bucket, and then rack the beer into it. If you put the tubing into the very bottom of the bucket, and "curl" it around the bottom, it will swirl to mix as it fills from the bottom. You can still gently stir if you want, but I never have.

Then I bottle immediately, and don't wait for anything to settle.

What did you mean by "waited a few minutes forward to settle?" There should be nothing to "settle." You want the priming solution to be completely mixed throughout the bottling bucket.
I always add the priming solution to the bucket first and rack on top of that to mix up the solution as it is being transferred.

I hope you let that sugar water cool before you dumped into your beer.

I hope you let that sugar water cool before you dumped into your beer.

I don't, never have. the small volume of boiling water mixed into the much larger volume of room temp beer will have no adverse effect on the beer or yeast in it.

Back