Price gouging... Hopslam is not Heady Topper!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a growler of it recently, and I was hella shocked when they threw out a $25 price tag! I feel like you should inform people prior to pouring a growler at that price.

Heady isn't anything too special either. Limited distribution doesn't make a beer top notch. I can't believe what some people want in trade for Heady. I thought it was underwhelming, and the epitome of "over hyped".

Would I like to have it again? Sure. Would I pay through the nose? No. No way.

In a free market, yes. However american markets are heavily managed, centrally planned, and regulated resting closer to closed markets than free on a sliding scale. When it comes to beer, pricing in our market is based off of regulatory costs as much as anything.

I know that's the problem: too much government control and planning. I am even ok with price gouging of resources during natural disasters.

Heady isn't anything too special either. Limited distribution doesn't make a beer top notch. I can't believe what some people want in trade for Heady. I thought it was underwhelming, and the epitome of "over hyped".

Would I like to have it again? Sure. Would I pay through the nose? No. No way.

My brother sent me 3 cans from NY last year (as well as some Tranmitter beers; I sent him a few Texas beers and homebrews as a trade). I liked it, but it definitely is an "over hype" situation. Great beer, but not life altering must find great. I would put it on par with Lone Pint Yellow Rose or even Karbach Hop Delusion here in Texas.

I really shy away from the hype beers, doesn't hurt that most are impossible to find in Texas (or just don't show up here). Everyone I know personally that gets one of the hype beers tells me they were pretty good, but not great.

Latest posts

Back