• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

North Carolina *PRICE DROP* Spike+ Trio System - 10 Gallon (Local Pickup Only - Raleigh, NC)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldoe

Reaction score
The system is less than 6 months old and works like a charm. I have only used it 3 times. I made two cream ales over the summer that were fantastic and I have a pumpkin spice beer in the fermenter as we speak. It heats quickly and is a dream to clean making brew day enjoyable but also less time intensive.

This is the Spike+ system with the TC fittings and it is completely turn-key and ready for use. I am selling everything together that is pictured including the brew table with the pumped mounted to it. The only additional piece not pictured due to the limit of 10 pictures in a post are all the food grade silicone tubes with quick connectors on them. Those are included as well.

Here are more details on what is included:
  • 2.5 - 6 gallon batch size
  • All tri-clamp connections; 0 threaded connections
  • (3) 10gal brewing tanks; HLT, MT and BK
  • 30a (240v) PID controlled brewing panel (Need a 240v outlet for the system)
    • Controls the 2 heating elements (1 tank at a time) and pumps
    • All electrical cords included
    • Only (1) 240v outlet required; compared to 3 outlets with other systems
  • (2) 5500w tri-clamp integrated ULWD heating elements (also available in 208v)
  • 25' x 3/8" 304SS HERMS coil with quick connect fittings
  • All valves, pickup tubes, false bottom, etc are included
  • FDA approved food grade Silicone tubing and quick connect fittings
  • (2) Food grade pumps; stainless steel head with custom tri-clamp heads
  • Stainless steel brew table
  • Counterflow wort chiller
I am looking to sell it mainly because my wife hasn't been able to find a job since the beginning of the year. Wasn't expecting her to been in a rut this long and just want to make sure we are financially secure should the job drought continue for a while into the new year. It has nothing to do with the system itself at all because it works like a dream. I am almost $7000 in on the system and willing to part with it for $5000 even. Nearly 30% depreciation in value after only 3 uses and less than 6 months old is extremely reasonable to me.

PM me if you are interested or have any other questions. I am not interested in shipping it out and I am local to the Raleigh, NC area for anyone that wants to come pick it up.

Attachments

• Spike System 1.jpg
    Spike System 1.jpg
    881.1 KB · Views: 230
  • Spike System 3.jpg
    Spike System 3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 283
  • Spike System 4.jpg
    Spike System 4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 287
  • Spike System 5.jpg
    Spike System 5.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 279
  • Spike System 6.jpg
    Spike System 6.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 238
  • Spike System 8.jpg
    Spike System 8.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 215
  • Spike System 9.jpg
    Spike System 9.jpg
    845.6 KB · Views: 210
  • Spike System 10.jpg
    Spike System 10.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 196
  • Spike System 11.jpg
    Spike System 11.jpg
    964.8 KB · Views: 187
  • Spike System 12.jpg
    Spike System 12.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 180
System is all cleaned up and ready for someone to take it away.

Dropping the price on this to $4000 for local pickup only. Lowest I can go on it.

Can caster's be added to the table? Would it be sturdy enough to wheel out into the driveway after a brew to clean?

Can caster's be added to the table? Would it be sturdy enough to wheel out into the driveway after a brew to clean?
Yes, caster's can be added. I thought about doing it myself but my hose could reach into the garage. The table is definitely sturdy enough to support it with the equipment on it.

As long as those are the standard round legs (1-5/8" I believe) casters are readily available that will install in a couple minutes in place of the plastic feet. They do raise the table a few inches which you might not like, but its easy to cut the legs off for a custom height. I had my BIAB rig on casters for a while so I could roll it out from under the hood to pull the bag and it worked great.

As long as those are the standard round legs (1-5/8" I believe) casters are readily available that will install in a couple minutes in place of the plastic feet. They do raise the table a few inches which you might not like, but its easy to cut the legs off for a custom height. I had my BIAB rig on casters for a while so I could roll it out from under the hood to pull the bag and it worked great.
Yes, I took a look and they appear to be the standard size. I appreciate you pointing it out.

Still getting a lot of PMs about the system but it is still available.

Back