Quantcast

North Carolina *PRICE DROP* Spike+ Trio System - 10 Gallon (Local Pickup Only - Raleigh, NC)

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Waldoe

Reaction score
The system is less than 6 months old and works like a charm. I have only used it 3 times. I made two cream ales over the summer that were fantastic and I have a pumpkin spice beer in the fermenter as we speak. It heats quickly and is a dream to clean making brew day enjoyable but also less time intensive.

This is the Spike+ system with the TC fittings and it is completely turn-key and ready for use. I am selling everything together that is pictured including the brew table with the pumped mounted to it. The only additional piece not pictured due to the limit of 10 pictures in a post are all the food grade silicone tubes with quick connectors on them. Those are included as well.

Here are more details on what is included:
  • 2.5 - 6 gallon batch size
  • All tri-clamp connections; 0 threaded connections
  • (3) 10gal brewing tanks; HLT, MT and BK
  • 30a (240v) PID controlled brewing panel (Need a 240v outlet for the system)
    • Controls the 2 heating elements (1 tank at a time) and pumps
    • All electrical cords included
    • Only (1) 240v outlet required; compared to 3 outlets with other systems
  • (2) 5500w tri-clamp integrated ULWD heating elements (also available in 208v)
  • 25' x 3/8" 304SS HERMS coil with quick connect fittings
  • All valves, pickup tubes, false bottom, etc are included
  • FDA approved food grade Silicone tubing and quick connect fittings
  • (2) Food grade pumps; stainless steel head with custom tri-clamp heads
  • Stainless steel brew table
  • Counterflow wort chiller
I am looking to sell it mainly because my wife hasn't been able to find a job since the beginning of the year. Wasn't expecting her to been in a rut this long and just want to make sure we are financially secure should the job drought continue for a while into the new year. It has nothing to do with the system itself at all because it works like a dream. I am almost $7000 in on the system and willing to part with it for $5000 even. Nearly 30% depreciation in value after only 3 uses and less than 6 months old is extremely reasonable to me.

PM me if you are interested or have any other questions. I am not interested in shipping it out and I am local to the Raleigh, NC area for anyone that wants to come pick it up.

Attachments

OP
W

Waldoe

Reaction score
Still looking for a new home for this awesome Spike system.

OP
W

Waldoe

Reaction score
System is all cleaned up and ready for someone to take it away.

OP
W

Waldoe

Reaction score
Dropping the price on this to $4000 for local pickup only. Lowest I can go on it.

NomadMastadon

Reaction score
Can caster's be added to the table? Would it be sturdy enough to wheel out into the driveway after a brew to clean?

OP
W

Waldoe

Reaction score
Can caster's be added to the table? Would it be sturdy enough to wheel out into the driveway after a brew to clean?
Yes, caster's can be added. I thought about doing it myself but my hose could reach into the garage. The table is definitely sturdy enough to support it with the equipment on it.

matt_m

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
As long as those are the standard round legs (1-5/8" I believe) casters are readily available that will install in a couple minutes in place of the plastic feet. They do raise the table a few inches which you might not like, but its easy to cut the legs off for a custom height. I had my BIAB rig on casters for a while so I could roll it out from under the hood to pull the bag and it worked great.

OP
W

Waldoe

Reaction score
As long as those are the standard round legs (1-5/8" I believe) casters are readily available that will install in a couple minutes in place of the plastic feet. They do raise the table a few inches which you might not like, but its easy to cut the legs off for a custom height. I had my BIAB rig on casters for a while so I could roll it out from under the hood to pull the bag and it worked great.
Yes, I took a look and they appear to be the standard size. I appreciate you pointing it out.

OP
W

Waldoe

Reaction score
Still getting a lot of PMs about the system but it is still available.