Post a pic of your ride!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chriso

Broken Robot Brewing Co.
Reaction score
In searching the archives, it appears that we have never had the obligatory "Post your hoopty" thread. So that being said, I want to see your chariot, your ricer, your mountain crawler, whatever you call your car, just show us!

(If you don't want to post your CURRENT car, you could throw in a project car you're working on, or the favorite car you ever had... I just don't want to turn this into a Google Image Search thread.)

I'll start.

Vehicle #10 - 2000 Merc Mountaineer, I'll have had it 2 years on 2/14. Longest I've ever owned the same vehicle - every other has broken down within 2 years. Most within 6 months.

My favorite was probably either the '83 Datsun Sentra with 300k mi on it, the '79 280ZX, or the '94 Aspire wtih 250k mi. The three stick-shift cars I owned, ironically.

truck.jpg

Awwww, come on, Biermuncher, We all know those ain't Mizzou plates on that thing. (Looks like a Mazda 626 if I'm not mistaken, circa '85 or '86)

I think that a person's car can sometimes say a lot about them. Not always, but sometimes. :D

And besides. Your junk may be ugly, but you've shown us pics of your kitchen. We know you like nice things. Nice things that are much unlike that hideous monstrosity of a car. :D

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a new thread to start. See you in the Fight club rules apply, sorry.

Whoa. Very nice, jct. Is that a custom front end?

NTolerance, you made me lose an hour of my life reading on the DarkSide debate! :D jk that's really cool. I keep debating whether to get a car or a cruiser. I think I want the cruiser.

Kilt, I really love those hardtop wranglers. Is that the "extended" chassis one they came out with, or was that more recent? Sorry, I fail at following Jeep fanaticism, I just like them. I COULD get crazy about them some day. But then I'd have a hobby more expensive than brewing. >_>

My baby. Still a little rough around the edges, but mechanically flawless now. His name's Emilio. And I'm a girl, so I'm allowed to have a boy car.
DSCF2695600x450.jpg

DSC02746.jpg

Minus the chinese mufflers. He has Borlas now.

Bonus pics. Here are two of my favorite past cars.

Here's Hitler. He was my '94 Aspire (Ass-fire) with a whopping 1.3l engine and 5-sp manual. 300k+ mi.
n307400052_12060_6059.jpg

This one's for paulthenurse. Done up for the World Series 2004 - with reg'lar old Acrylic spray paint. That's right, I'm serious. Window paint is for wussies.
n307400052_12050_4262.jpg

And here's my baby. Now my brother's baby. '79 Datsun 280ZX, 70k original mi, I was the 2nd owner. In fact, when I bought it, the original owners included the receipt from the dealership in Grand Island NE where they bought it.
n307400052_12059_5845.jpg

And if you look behind both cars, the faux-woody Grand Caravan was my daily driver for about a year, and I loved that van. I mean, sure it sucked driving an underpowered, wheezing cracker box on the softest suspension known to man, but you could fit a TON of crap in that van! And, truth be told, the gas mileage wasn't bad either. Sold the van to get vacation money for a road trip to Saskatchewan. Go figure, I sell the good car so I can drive the bad one. (I actually drove the Aspire above 3000 miles round trip in the above posted condition. Across the border.)

By the way, Sparky, I hoped you'd post the TDI here! :D I am SERIOUSLY heated that the TDI line is gone. I test-drove the last TDI beetle in Nebraska, and had to literally talk myself back into my truck and all the way home. I was about to buy that sucker, $500/mo car payment or not.

chriso said:
Kilt, I really love those hardtop wranglers. Is that the "extended" chassis one they came out with, or was that more recent? Sorry, I fail at following Jeep fanaticism, I just like them. I COULD get crazy about them some day. But then I'd have a hobby more expensive than brewing. >_>

It's an '07 Wrangler Unlimited 4 door. Prior to '07 the Unlimited where the extended wheel base 3 door.

85' BMW here. I get incredibly good mpg's and still can smoke some honders that p the yo-boy's in college tote. It's like a little go-kart. I love the damn thing...and it's all i really can afford as of right now. Damn costs of school.

BMW1.jpg

The "Duc" in Fat Duc, I'm the "Fat" part...

Pics%20from%20Home%2020Aug07%20018.jpg

And since my plates are all over the stinkin' place already:
Pics%20from%20Home%2020Aug07%20021.jpg

What better for a Dumpling of an Italian American?

Well, this is not my truck (I don't have a picture) but it looks like mine except I have better tires and rims. It's a green 2004 Z-71 off-road package 4WD truck. It looks alot like mine, though!

1255665.jpg

This is my summer toy.
It's a 1993 40th anv. Corvette. She has a few mods from the simple bolt-ons like long tube headers, full (no cat) Corsa exhaust, 1.6 roller rockers, 3.75 gears in a D-44 pig, full tranny build with a transgo shift kit and 2800 stall converter. And then there is the 150hp shot of the sweet N2O..
The last time I had her to the track I ran 12.48 at 116mph on street tires and spraying after the 60 foot mark. I now have the larger D44 pig and some drag radials. If I can hook up I should be pulling mid 11's. I once sprayed from the line. It was not nice, fun, but not nice. I ran a 14.9 at 112 mph. I was still sideways at the 1/8 mile and 90 mph.

12472344-vette4.jpg

103226514-vette5.jpg

MVC-147S.JPG

EEXUPYTAUV-MVC-005S.JPG

YooperBrew said:
Well, this is not my truck (I don't have a picture) but it looks like mine except I have better tires and rims. It's a green 2004 Z-71 off-road package 4WD truck. It looks alot like mine, though!
Yoop,
Don't take this personal or nuttin',

You play hockey. You drive a GM made 4x4. Your hair is shorter than most of the guys' here. I'd be inclined to think diesel dyk3, but I know there's a HWMBO, and there's kidz, otherwize I'd expect you to be drivin' a Subaru Forester (if you don't get the ref., don't bother)...

You rock, and you're "ballsier" than I.

Matt

LOL, I'd be a lyin' ass if I didn't confess that I briefly thought the same thing ma2brew did. :D

That being said, Yooper, don't change, we love ya!!

hagen505 said:
HPIM0460.jpg

Great, I always like an exuse to post a picture of my truck and camper.

this was mine back when I raced motocross. :rockin:
84247652-MVC-023S.JPG

39129763-MVC-024S.JPG

I traided in the truck for a SAAB 9-3 Areo, and 6 months later traided that in for the Charger.
I love the Charger but I should hav just kept the truck.

Here she was when I recued her a little over a year ago
original.jpg

And here she was this past fall
14996-pdckz.jpg

And here was my favorite car
medium.jpg

Traded it in for a Chevy Equinox......

chriso said:
LOL, I'd be a lyin' ass if I didn't confess that I briefly thought the same thing ma2brew did. :D

That being said, Yooper, don't change, we love ya!!

Well, geez, thanks! I'm also into hunting, fishing, kayaking and backpacking. I have a camper for that truck too- and I use it!

Geez. A dyke. Wait until I tell my husband. Oh, wait, he'll laugh. And tell me that is why he married me. I'm like a guy, except with big boobs.

chriso said:
Bonus pics. Here are two of my favorite past cars.

Here's Hitler. He was my '94 Aspire (Ass-fire) with a whopping 1.3l engine and 5-sp manual. 300k+ mi.
n307400052_12060_6059.jpg

DUDE... I had a white 95... ran that thing into the ground as a field merchandiser for Millstone Coffee, some days I would put more than three hundred miles on in a single day.

here is my current ride, this pic was taken on the lot, just before I got it.
not the biggest, not the baddest, not the best... but I love it none the less.
mytruck.jpg

the wife has a gold 2006 Taurus.

now if I could only convince her to let me have this
busa.jpg

YooperBrew said:
Well, geez, thanks! I'm also into hunting, fishing, kayaking and backpacking. I have a camper for that truck too- and I use it!

Geez. A dyke. Wait until I tell my husband. Oh, wait, he'll laugh. And tell me that is why he married me. I'm like a guy, except with big boobs.
Now Yoop,
I'm a CA native, and I'd be expected to believe a stereotype, but someone from somewhere else, well, you need to give 'em a break...

Not the nicest vehicle on HBT for sure, but I sure like it. It's the first "New" car I've ever owned.

200 Dodge Durango SLT 5.2 V8
6z93ns7.jpg

That's my old car in the background: a 1993 Chevy Astro Van!

talleymonster said:
Not the nicest vehicle on HBT for sure, but I sure like it. It's the first "New" car I've ever owned.

200 Dodge Durango SLT 5.2 V8
6z93ns7.jpg

That's my old car in the background: a 1993 Chevy Astro Van!
There's a reason I didn't post my "daily" transportation, a 2000 Buick Century P.O.C (Piece Of Crap). It's a POC...

Back