Possible infection?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haberlet

Reaction score
I brewed a pale ale with 1469 thirteen days ago and left it to ferment in the mid 60s. I returned home from a trip last night and the carboy was still bubbling once a minute. 1469 is usually a vigorous and fast fermenter for me. There was definately blowoff on this batch.

The last batch of beer in this PET carboy was my first infection. I scrubbed it gently, soaked in starsan overnight and transferred the wort at 140 F to kill wild yeast. It doesn't smell funky.

Should I give it another week or hit with metabisulfate and keg it?

Thanks,

I brewed a pale ale with 1469 thirteen days ago and left it to ferment in the mid 60s. I returned home from a trip last night and the carboy was still bubbling once a minute. 1469 is usually a vigorous and fast fermenter for me. There was definately blowoff on this batch.

The last batch of beer in this PET carboy was my first infection. I scrubbed it gently, soaked in starsan overnight and transferred the wort at 140 F to kill wild yeast. It doesn't smell funky.

Should I give it another week or hit with metabisulfate and keg it?

Thanks,

Does it taste like it's infection? Or maybe it just got a bit warmer and so it's off gassing? (most likely).

I'll give it a taste (not used to them, so unless it's awful I might notice). There are definitely some small bubbles rising through the carboy. My only worry is I plan on bottling some for Christmas gifts and don't want bottle bombs (or vinegar).

Latest posts

Back