Possible infection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breweringbeaz

Reaction score
I brewed a dubbel last February and left in the secondary from march to August. After bottling I detected a tartness to the beer. I have bottled 2 other beers since August and numerous beers since feb. Should I be overly worried about equipment bottling bucket, thief, autosiphon/- or just suck it up and buy new equipment? I've read a ton of conflicting posts on cleaning equipment. Also, I'm not totally sure this is an infection. There were no visible signs of infection and was curious about tannins. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

What was your recipe and process? Some Belgian yeasts can throw off tart flavors, especially when stressed out. I'm thinking that if you have an infection, you would have seen it while it sat in secondary that long.

oconnorshomebrew said:
What was your recipe and process? Some Belgian yeasts can throw off tart flavors, especially when stressed out. I'm thinking that if you have an infection, you would have seen it while it sat in secondary that long.
12 Lb pilsner 2 row
1.3lb Munich
13 oz special b
12 oz caramunich
12oz aromatic
Hops tettnag 1.5 at 60 min
13 oz sugar
Yeast 3787
Mashed 148 60 min

Back