Portuguese vs Colonna for Belgian Bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you search, you can find a number of threads on this topic. HERE is one I replied to recently.

I only know about the Colonna corker/capper as that is what I own, but it seems to work well, and is inexpensive (especially compared to the champagne corkers). capping (both 26 and 29 mm caps) is a bonus, but I really am starting to not like the circle indent on the cap. still trying to come up with a method of preventing that.

Portuguese floor corker is what I'm using... No issues so far, once I got the depth set properly... Just cork, release the lever, then pull the bottle out from below...

I did read that for Belgian's, using the bench-top corker, you'd need to remove the plate in order to get the bottles out, since it would still be wrapped around the cork... Not something I'd want to do...

Besides, with the floor corker, once the brew is in the bottles, I just move the bottle tree aside, and put the floor corker in it's place. Then just pump through the bottles until complete and done... :D

Latest posts

Back