Porter Suggestions Anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
This Ringwood yeast I am using is like lightning. I made 22 gallons of 1.065 Robust Porter on Friday and as of yesterday morning in was down to 1.016 which considering the 154 mash temperature and all the specialty grain means it is finished.

I am considering adding 6 lbs of wild honey to it (basically in the secondary). Any thoughts about this? I was also considering raspberries, one or the other, but am leaning toward the honey, if anything.

What do you think? It is a VERY dark and roasty porter. I have changed its name to Serious Black Porter.

I had a honey porter once, I don't remember who had brewed it (I had been at the bar "sipping" for a while) but it was excellent. I would recommend it. The only complaint I had was that the honey seemed to thin out the body quite a bit, but with a 1.016 FG it sounds like this would be a great one to experiment with!

:off: Hey BP, sorry to highjack the thread but wasn't your rig suppose to be in BYO? I've was looking for it 2 issues ago (Sept?) but I haven't seen it or did I miss it? :off:

todd_k said:
:off: Hey BP, sorry to highjack the thread but wasn't your rig suppose to be in BYO? I've was looking for it 2 issues ago (Sept?) but I haven't seen it or did I miss it? :off:

It was but they seem to have lost the material and so it has been resubmitted. We will see. I don't see it happening before December at this point.

Latest posts

Back