Please help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First framboise. My wife loves framboise. While at the brew shop I thought I would be nice and make her a 5 gallon batch. I am going to make up an American wheat beer, how to proceeded after that is my question. I have some raspberry flavoring, packet of muntons ale yeast, and a vile of WLP brettanomyces lambicus. My question is I am open to anything. Do I make the wheat beer and a fresh raspberries and WL yeast towards in the secondary. Do I add both yeasts in the beginning and add raspberry flavoring latter? Can I back sweetin and IMF so how? Pectic enzyme? Or other options... Thanks in advance.

you wife likes lindemans or cantillon?

if the former, dont use the brett. brew a very sweet wheat beer (lots of crystal, low IBU), add the raspberries, then when you bottle/keg add lactic acid to taste

if the latter, get a pack of roeselare and be prepared to wait 6mos to 1yr, adding fruit no sooner than ~1-2mos before bottling

just a heads up but Brett L will not make a sour beer, funky and fruity yes, but not sour

While technically lindemans may be a lambic, I know most members here wouldnt consider it one, its more of an alcopop, pasteurized and heavily sugared, not something you can really do on a homebrew level without kegging

To make something like lindemans follow the advice outlined first in my last pos

Back