Please help troubleshoot DSPR110 box

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMerkle

Reaction score
I know some of you guys are loathe to approach these threads, and I don't blame you. However, if others are feeling spunky... maybe you can help me fix my first diy controller.

I used the below diagram to assemble my first controller using Aubers EZBoil.

The only change I made was in omitting the lower amperage switch to the controller, and using only the 30a to the heater outlet.

My first test resulted in immediately obliterating both in line fuses. I mean, they didn't just pop, they turned to dust inside.

Any suggestions?

View attachment 1471797214488.jpg

I used a wire nut to connect each of the incoming hot 10 Guage wires to another 10g wire as well as a solid core 20g wire. Then, the 10gs each continue to the switch and the 20gs each continue to 1 amp fuses, and finally to the dspr110.

How about some pictures of the wiring. Multiple angles help a lot. In focus also makes life easier :D

Brew on :mug:

I guess I'll repin it as labeled, replace the 1amp fuses and hope for the best? ...or did I already blow this up?

I went ahead and plugged her in. Without the RTD attached the display flashes between the set temp display and an error message, 'opal' if I recall correctly. With the RTD attached it flashes between a screen that shows an accurate temp reading and the set temp, and a display of all 8s (8888 on top and 8888 on the bottom). Then, it sort of flashes blank and restarts this loop.

Hi.
Rewire, leave the SSD connections unconnected.
Verify RTD is wired correctly
Then setup as if your were going to do a boil.
Measure the voltage at the SSD pins on the DSPR120.

I went ahead and plugged her in. Without the RTD attached the display flashes between the set temp display and an error message, 'opal' if I recall correctly. With the RTD attached it flashes between a screen that shows an accurate temp reading and the set temp, and a display of all 8s (8888 on top and 8888 on the bottom). Then, it sort of flashes blank and restarts this loop.

Sorry, I missed this post.
Can you get into the setup? Sounds like it is showing the temp and timer.

Start with #4 in the manual.
http://auberins.com/images/Manual/DSPR120_manual.pdf

Cannot get to setup as it requires holding the knob in for 5 seconds, and this issue seems to be a system reset every 3 or so.

What is the purpose of the 20g solids between line one and line two (not connected, just twisted together insulated)?

Any chance you could give a layman's walk through on how to do that?

For what it's worth, set your multimeter to the volt meter setting that is closest but above your target (20v probably). Then hold the red and black probes to pins 6 and 7 on the controller. When the controller is firing you should see voltage on the meter.

In order to do this, you will need to get past the restart loop.

c6ad4c6e7afa83f7_digital_multimeter.jpg

Latest posts

Back