Berm Rex-c100 help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gee-MB

Reaction score
Hello!
So... I'm not actually a brewer... but I have a kiln with a berm rex-c100 temperature controller and the instructions are so very confusing and the most helpful videos/forums I've found so far have all been from brewers using them, would I be allowed to ask on here a couple of questions? The only other forums I can find discussing are engineering/technology forums and I worry they might not be willing to explain it in not-so-techy terms! I want to use the kiln to do some glass fusing art, I just cannot figure out how (or if) I can set the kiln to heat at a certain rate (the first segment schedule is 150c/hour until it hits 537c - then hold for 10mins) - I'm sorry for infiltrating your forum as a non-brewer (it seems very interesting though! maybe i'll find a new passion!) and I totally understand if this isn't the place to ask!
Thank you and sorry again! Maybe if I can figure it out I'll make some brewing themed fused glass designs! 😁
Gee :)

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with the Rex C100 PID, other than it is one of several low cost, low end PID controllers. I am not aware of any PIDs in this class that offer controlled ramp rates. I think you will need to get a higher end PID to do what you want to do.

Here is one PID that has ramping capability that is relatively inexpensive.

Brew on :mug:

I'm not familiar with the Rex C100 PID, other than it is one of several low cost, low end PID controllers. I am not aware of any PIDs in this class that offer controlled ramp rates. I think you will need to get a higher end PID to do what you want to do.

Here is one PID that has ramping capability that is relatively inexpensive.

Brew on :mug:
Thank you for the confirmation and recommendation!! I really appreciate it!

Latest posts

Back