Pizza night at la Casa de Matt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need a pizza tip here... I always seem to have the bottom getting too browned before the top has a chance to finish far enough. What can I do to prevent this? I have a narrow oven... would that make some sort of difference?

I assume you're using a stone? If so, move the stone higher in the oven; the stone will be further from the heat source (get less hot) and the top will be closer to the hotter air, so the top will cook faster as well.

I need a pizza tip here... I always seem to have the bottom getting too browned before the top has a chance to finish far enough. What can I do to prevent this? I have a narrow oven... would that make some sort of difference?

You could try getting a big cast iron skillet and putting that on the shelf that is above the pizza. Put it in there and let it heat up along with the stone.

Latest posts

Back