Pilsner pursuit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And Rothaus???

Favorite German pilsners are: Rothaus, Gänstaller, Neumarkter Lammsbrau, these are the 3 I regularly buy. Couple other great ones I have had, but can't think of them right now.

US pilsners: Upright, Heater Allen, pFreim
Mmmmm. Engelberg. Supposed to be 70 degrees here tomorrow. Upright here I come.

Favorite German pilsners are: Rothaus, Gänstaller, Neumarkter Lammsbrau, these are the 3 I regularly buy. Couple other great ones I have had, but can't think of them right now...

Rothaus is good but not my favorite. It has a sweeter and fruitier profile than most pils. For a similar beer at 1/2 the price I prefer Tegernsee Hell.

Where do y'all stand on Kneitinger and Faust?

I was not a huge fan of the Faust Pils though to be fair I tried it after several Zwickels (which was great), Dunkels, Hefe, and their America IPA. Felt like it had a slightly tangy note but that could have been my palate being wrecked at the time. The tour is fantastic though, impressive how they crammed the brewery into such a tiny building and the barrel cellar is really cool to see.

I enjoyed the Kneitinger Pils but the Bock was the real standout to me from that brewery.

Faust as the best non-alcoholic Hefeweizen! They have some good other beers, but I cannot speak to the pilsner, had it once or twice, but cannot remember.

Kneitinger was good, but not my favorite. However, that could simply be an availability thing.

WGIUMGo.jpg

Not the best. Not the worst. A touch too sweet and lacking some of the cracker crispness (TM). But it gets the job done on a hot day.

2aB9BOA.jpg

Don't mind the Helles on the left....

Chuckanut Pils is perfection and deserves to be in the running for the best American Pilsner. I'll fight anyone.

Canning rumors have been floating around for awhile but with their new production facility I'm slightly more optimistic it will actually come to fruition.

You really need to solve your August weekend plans so that we can at least have a battle of NW pilsners: Chuckanut, Heater Allen, pFriem, Upright:)

You really need to solve your August weekend plans so that we can at least have a battle of NW pilsners: Chuckanut, Heater Allen, pFriem, Upright:)
Don't forget Holy Mountain ;)

If only I could skip 2 weddings but alas it's back to my normally scheduled August weekends this year. If I get tickets for Friday's festivities I'll be down for sure, but I'd always be up for a Portland pilsner off another weekend you're in town. I've heard rumblings from libbey et al about setting something up...

This just showed up in the US...
JoqSMmN.jpg

Had first bottle last night, more to follow. Very light and clean, on the sweeter side for a pils. Love Ayinger.
We've had that for years down here bruh..

If only I could skip 2 weddings but alas it's back to my normally scheduled August weekends this year. If I get tickets for Friday's festivities I'll be down for sure, but I'd always be up for a Portland pilsner off another weekend you're in town. I've heard rumblings from libbey et al about setting something up...
bibo-creature-comforts*750xx1500-844-0-52.jpg

Excellent pils if you ever need it homie

2aB9BOA.jpg

Don't mind the Helles on the left....

Chuckanut Pils is perfection and deserves to be in the running for the best American Pilsner. I'll fight anyone.

Canning rumors have been floating around for awhile but with their new production facility I'm slightly more optimistic it will actually come to fruition.
GOAT

Make sure you get tickets for Friday, it will be amazing :)

Chuckanut Pils is perfection and deserves to be in the running for the best American Pilsner.

I am eager to test this claim.

I'd always be up for a Portland pilsner off another weekend you're in town. I've heard rumblings from libbey et al about setting something up...

bonergifsiwontlookupatwork

Enjoying one of my favorites thanks to lambandtunaphish this evening: Von Trapp Bohemian Pils.

After rereading this thread the other day I saw Von Trapp and grabbed a single. Huge mistake not getting the whole 6er. It was damn good. I think it's going to be the go to fridge beer for a while.

It's good, but the Vienna Lager is absolutely stunning and just about a perfect beer. Hefeweizen also gives Live Oak / New Glarus a run for their money.
Didn't know New Glarus made a Hefeweizen, I'll have to try it someday. Dan Carey knows how to make German styles really well.

Didn't know New Glarus made a Hefeweizen, I'll have to try it someday. Dan Carey knows how to make German styles really well.

Dancing Man is a bit bigger than a traditional hefeweizen, and probably is closer to a pale weizenbock in character, but damn if it isn't a delicious American interpretation of the style.

Ok time to get the Pilsner thread back on track.

So a collaboration with Pabst, brewed by a Craft Brew Alliance owned company? Something sounds ****y.

The article makes it sound like the current brand manager for Rainier lives near Reuben's and pitched it a couple years ago to Adam who was game. I don't think there's anything fishy. Reuben's just announced distribution to Eastern WA and Oregon, so I doubt there's going to be a buyout, and Adam seems like someone who has zero interest in doing that.

I'm all **** InBev, Miller, etc. but Rainier trying to stay involved here has never bugged me in the slightest. Same with Olympia.

The article makes it sound like the current brand manager for Rainier lives near Reuben's and pitched it a couple years ago to Adam who was game. I don't think there's anything fishy. Reuben's just announced distribution to Eastern WA and Oregon, so I doubt there's going to be a buyout, and Adam seems like someone who has zero interest in doing that.

I'm all **** InBev, Miller, etc. but Rainier trying to stay involved here has never bugged me in the slightest. Same with Olympia.

IMG_9314-630x473.jpg

Maybe it's because I grew up in WA and the nostalgia of Rainier has sunk it's teeth into me, but this is ****ing awesome.

http://www.geekwire.com/2017/just-l...ek-rainier-reubens-team-create-historic-beer/

Love that label. (And neon in the background!)

But will it have the puzzle under the cap?

Back