PID controller build help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fabes

Reaction score
Hey there,
I am in the process of building a control box for my brutus 10. First off, let me start by saying a really have no idea what I'm doing and all of my education has been from reading from the forum (many thanks).. I have no electric or gas background whatsoever. So, now that that is out of the way....

I am building a control box for my brutus 10 and so far, the parts I have are as follows...

Valves: 2 Honewell 1/2", 24 Vac Standing Pilot Gas Valve (VR8200A2124)

Controllers: 2 Universal 1/16 DIN PID Temperature Controllers (SYL-2362) for MLT & HLT

Selector Switches: SW2s from auber

Transformer???: I'm pretty sure I need a 120V AC to 24V AC Transformer. Any recommendations on which to buy?

I have attached a picture of what I am trying to accomplish...

My first question is, are these all the parts I need? and if not, what is missing? I have also included a picture of what I'm looking to do for the control box. Any wiring pros out there to possibly help me with what I need and how to wire this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million!

controlboxdemo.jpg

Back