Pictures of your Hop Babies/Hop Photo Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put up several more strings on the new line for the harvested nugget and cascade crowns. Something like 20+ plants now. Otta have plenty of hops this year. :)
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1397878245.562057.jpg

First Cascade hop rhizome popped last week.

Going to be tough here in Yellowknife NWT to get my 120 days of sun (with no frost), but I feel that since it's already popped indoors, and the constant sunlight in July it may be possible.

Not counting on a "harvest" this year with the new rhizome, but it is certainly exciting to see this healthy shoot!

hop.jpg

Looks great. I cut mine back to the ground around the 1st of June bc they were getting so big and nowhere to go. I'm glad I did as there was Several bull shoots. A couple of them are at 6 foot now.

I think it's time for me to add to this thread!

First year hops, about half an acre with ~200 each Cascade and Zeus. Zeus have exploded, Cascade are better than expected also. First pic is overall field, second is a Zeus closeup. Hopefully next post is harvesting and drinking fresh hop beer!

Next year we'll have a proper trellis, this year was just to get them growing and up off the ground a bit with minimal time spent.

DSC_7926web.jpg

HopsZeusAbundance.jpg

Hello all, this is my first hop plant from high hops brewery. It was a cascade seedling planted 8 days ago and it's already developed some issues. Is this a plant related issue or is something eating it? Thanks!

1408719925610.jpg

Something is eating it. Start reading up the bugs and pests related threads to get an idea what.

Diatomaceous earth if you want to be organic. Sevin powder if not, to pretty much cure what ails. Hardware store, pest control shelves.

Or live with it, fertilize, and watch in awe, while the bine pretty much grows faster than the bugs can eat it. Provided they don't cut it off at ground level, anyways.

TeeJo

Back