• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Michigan Picobrew Zymatic for Sale - Automated brewing appliance $700

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Mount

Reaction score
I'm selling my much loved Picobrew Zymatic. This is the best appliance out there for true hands-off and repeatable brews. Never miss a temperature zone or hop addition time again!
The device has been used and well cared for.
This appliance will automate the wort making process of brewing and I have used with great success to simplify the cleaning steps for all brewing, fermenting, and serving by using a single 5 Gallon keg for all 3 steps.
I've successfully brewed big beers yielding 2.5 gallons and small beers yielding up to 4 gallons.
More information can be found here: https://www.picobrew.com/Store/products/zymatic.cshtml

NOTE: Hot water (100 deg F) must be used to start the brew as there is a problem with the heat exchange. This does not affect the resulting beer in any way and has been thoroughly investigated and diagnosed with Picobrew support.

Ideally this is a local pickup since there are a lot of pieces to ship but I can ship once payment is received through Paypal.

Includes:
- all original hoses + Some extra hose components
- extra step filter & screens (perfect for quickly cleaning the appliance)
- 5 Gal keg
- KegGlove insulation for brewing
- Copper Chiller (extra components may be necessary to adapt to appliance)
+ more

If interested I have this thing's little brother the Pico S that I'll throw in for an extra $150 along with two brewing kegs and a pico-pack for Shiny the Elder (Pliny the Elder clone)

778CE93B-6E72-40A8-B0D8-711BCE419F45.jpeg
7F71C6A2-7162-4749-9437-85D9F4D462B6.jpeg
F0C446CE-69F1-45E5-91A0-02278C83D22C.jpeg
F40F5622-F754-415D-8894-373F837B18DD.jpeg

It (the heat exchange) just can’t heat the initial cold water before throwing an error. Picobrew support worked with me to fix the issue and we got it working perfectly as long as it starts with hot tap water.

It’s also worth noting that you’ll need to create a Picobrew account at their website in order to transfer ownership to anyone who purchases the device

Price drop: $600

This device has been thoroughly tested and confirmed to be in proper working order. I have run several deep cleaning cycles and it is ready to provide years of service to a happy brewer.
I will be sad to see it go but I have quit drinking and no longer have a need to brew.

It (the heat exchange) just can’t heat the initial cold water before throwing an error. Picobrew support worked with me to fix the issue and we got it working perfectly as long as it starts with hot tap water.

Is there a way to fix it so it heats the water intially? Does it need a replacement part or new heat exchanger?

Unfortunately it can’t be corrected. I closely worked with Picobrew to resolve the issue but we were unable to fully resolve the problem. There is no user serviceable way to replace the glycol heat exchange. It wasn’t a problem for me to just use hot tap water and adjust water chemistry as necessary.

It’s worth mentioning that in any Zymatic the cleaning schedule advertised isn’t adequate to prevent buildup on the heat exchange.
I recommend running cleaning cycles as often as possible and making sure the wash water comes out as clear as possible after the second deep clean in a row.

Back