Quantcast

PicoBrew Pico users

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Reaction score
There is one of us on the facebook group that already has a DIY setup for food grade silicon hop filter. He is also working on one for the actual pak. All materials can be bought off Amazon. No issues with heat and can be made at home without any special tools from what he is saying.

chiefwigms

Reaction score
There is one of us on the facebook group that already has a DIY setup for food grade silicon hop filter. He is also working on one for the actual pak. All materials can be bought off Amazon. No issues with heat and can be made at home without any special tools from what he is saying.
The thingiverse is his mold...

Lbarouf

Reaction score
Great, That appears to be only for hops. I don't have access to facebook (and don't want it neither), it would be great to know how to build one. I really feel like making a batch of milkshake IPA in a hacked Pico.

Reaction score
He is still in the design phase but said that once he has it all worked out he will post the information for molds and materials. He has shown a couple of desgins that he has molded and they look really good so far. Once they are post I or someone else will post here as well.

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the hop cage in the background and his prototype of the grain bin in the mold. All using off the shelf items to make. He used Bees Wax to hold the stainless screen in place.

107407941_10105661007587468_3713195576013721239_o.jpg

lupulinaddict

Reaction score
Thought this might be the best place to ask....
I picked up a used pico c and picostill. The picostill didn’t have the power cord. Would any picostill owners be able to advise me what the power supply outputs are so I can find a replacement? Thanks.

Reaction score
I am at work at the moment so I will have to double check but if I remember correctly it is 12v 5amp power supply that came with the two that I have. I will double check when I get home and post if no one else has commented.

I picked up a used pico c and picostill. The picostill didn’t have the power cord. Would any picostill owners be able to advise me what the power supply outputs are so I can find a replacement? Thanks.

RampantOctopus

RampantOctopus Brews
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
took a pic of the adapter for comparison purposes. The manufacturer is some company called Mean Well and they appear to have a fairly legit looking site. Maybe reach out to them? MEAN WELL USA Switching Power Supply

ooh-- looks like these are available off the rack: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/MEAN-WELL/GST36U12-P1J?qs=drgMNd%2BkGPN5lZBKNR99hA==

Attachments

lupulinaddict

Reaction score
Awesome. Thank you both for the help! I couldn’t find anything online and haven’t heard back from customer service, although, I’m not sure if they still have a customer service department.

Reaction score

lupulinaddict

Reaction score
I keep random plugs and adapters in a box. I went through and found a brick that looked like it would work. I plugged it in and it powered on the picostill. I’ll have to wait until the weekend to get some time to try out it out. Thanks again for all the help. I really appreciate it! Cheers!!

Trevor Mack

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I keep random plugs and adapters in a box. I went through and found a brick that looked like it would work. I plugged it in and it powered on the picostill. I’ll have to wait until the weekend to get some time to try out it out. Thanks again for all the help. I really appreciate it! Cheers!!

If you haven't setup an offline server this will eventually be required to keep your machine running one Whitten closes up the website. Here is the repo that has that work and currently supports all device models actively sold by PB at the beginning of this year, chiefwigms/picobrew_pico

Reaction score
Just make sure that the brick you found has the proper voltage and at least 3a power. If it is under that there is a risk of it shutting down during high draw times.

lupulinaddict

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks. I was hoping something like that existed. I’ll read through that and this thread.

Sebastian Weetabix

Reaction score
Just so that everyone knows, search Andrew Thompson on Youtube.
He steps you through how to flash a micro SD card with the Chief Wiggems software and install it into a Raspberry Pi SBC!
I have both my Pico C and Pico Pro brewing offline.
How-ever, you can only use one machine at a time and you have to reboot the Pi after each session.
Have fun!

RampantOctopus

RampantOctopus Brews
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
How-ever, you can only use one machine at a time and you have to reboot the Pi after each session.
Have fun!
The server can support multiple devices simultaneously. Some networks— like my own— seem to block the pi from making multiple connections. This can be dealt with my using the pi on a different netwok or offline.