Perlick Kegerator - Worth It?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApothecaryBrewing

Reaction score
So I have been looking to get into kegging for some time. All I want in a small fridge to hold 1 corny keg since I typically do one 5 gallon batch a month or so.

I do not have money falling out of my pockets and find it difficult enough putting together the cash for brew day. That being said, having my beer on tap would be amazing and I want a cheap way to get in the front door.

So I had been crawling through craigslist post and came across this...

http://rochester.craigslist.org/for/3489102052.html

It looks to be an old Perlick Kegerator. In the images you can see the lines, tower and the amount of work needed to bring this baby back to life. That being said, what is the consensus? Could I frankenstein this baby back to life relatively easily or should I mosey on and look at a conversion kit and mini-fridge.

Any input would be great! Thanks!

If that thing actually works I wouldnt pay more than 30 $ for it. I bought my mini fridge for 30$ and its almost brand new. Just use picnic taps and your good to go for cheap.

Call and ask what's included. I see a tower which looks like it has a faucet attached, and what appears to be a sankey coupler, but it's hard to tell if there's a regulator in there or not. If it has a working regulator and faucet, it's probably worth the $50 even if it doesn't cool.

It looks trashed to me. The interior especially the back panel is missing something at the top (2nd picture) The floor looks rotted, are the interior panels missing?If I lived in the Livonia area (wife grew up there) I would stop and check it out. He might have something else beer related to sell. As for the fridge, I'd have him plug it in and see if it cooled.

One of my buddies bought an older used kegerator. It was real nice when he bought it, worked great for 6 months and then stopped cooling. No one will service it on account that it takes freon. Just some food for thought.

Latest posts

Back