Perlick faucet gushing through shank connection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davirley

Reaction score
All equipment is brand new.

Two tested leaky faucets
Perlick Stainless Beer Faucet
Perlick Stainless Creamer Faucet

Beer Tower: Standard two tap tower from MoreBeer

See the picture below. When I apply enough pressure to get beer in the line, the Perlick faucets leak like a sieve. At a few PSI (depicted) it is a steady stream. At 10 PSI it is a geyser and a huge mess.

Ironically, the default stock faucets that came with the tower do not leak. I tried swapping out the coupling gaskets between the stock faucet and the Perlicks, but it still leaks just as bad.

I would assume the fittings are a standard size. They look the same, and screw on snug. I'm not tightening the Perlicks any tighter than the stock faucets.

Any idea what's wrong?

IMG_0855.jpg

I remember when the original thread (and similar complaints) was running its course. As I recall nearly all of the shanks in question were chromed brass...

Cheers!

Today I took my tower and the two faucets to MoreBeer. The guy at the counter was super helpful. The trick was cinching down the faucet really tight with a faucet wrench. We had to use much more force than I would have expected (I was able to tighten the stock faucets by hand). Previously I did not have a faucet wrench; tightening by hand was not enough for the Perlicks.

Props to the folks at MoreBeer for the help.

Back