Nukatap Flow Control Faucets - Nukatap Shanks required?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeSpartaNJ

Reaction score
I am thinking of replacing my current Intertap standard faucets for the Nukatap Flow Control faucets.

I have read that some users have had issues with them leaking due to them not having a rear gasket when sealing to the shank. But alot of these threads just die with no final input on the correction.

I reached out to 2 different vendors to ask if the Nukatap shanks are required for these, or if you can use standard tower shanks.

Williams Brewing - stated that it "depends". Sometimes they leak, sometimes they don't.

More Beer - said they would investigate, their answer was "well, you know, we do sell the Nukatap shanks separately...."

I am looking for some guidance on this one from someone who actually has these, and what your experience was.

FWIW, I am currently using shanks (unknown what brand) I purchased from Williams 4 or 5 years ago.

Thanks

Not an answer, But I want to second your question and really get an answer to this myself. When I first set up my kegerator, I used a 'Krome' brand shank with a Perlick 630SS.. I later added a Nukatap FC and a couple duotight shanks. They all worked interchangably for me, so when someone else on here asked, I posted my experience and assumption that compatibility issues had been quietly resolved, and the OP ordered parts on my advice and they leaked for him. I feel really bad about that and also extremely annoyed that the world over online, I can find no extensive examination of the issue or definitive conclusions.
Please, everyone reading; If you have detailed knowledge of this issue, respond and maybe enough the deep-diving folk on here with the knowledge and contacts can post a final answer.

We have found that the basic machining specs are the same for the splines on all shanks, but the execution can vary over different manufacturers and different times. So for the Nukatap Faucets we sell, we guarantee they fit Nukatap Shanks, and they may fit other shanks. We have had some customers say they did not fit their older shank, but this could be a 30 year old shank from who knows what manufacturer. So bottom line, if you want us to guarantee your Nukatap Faucet will fit, get a Nukatap Shank.

We have found that the basic machining specs are the same for the splines on all shanks, but the execution can vary over different manufacturers and different times. So for the Nukatap Faucets we sell, we guarantee they fit Nukatap Shanks, and they may fit other shanks. We have had some customers say they did not fit their older shank, but this could be a 30 year old shank from who knows what manufacturer. So bottom line, if you want us to guarantee your Nukatap Faucet will fit, get a Nukatap Shank.
Understood.

BTW, my existing shanks were purchased from Williams Brewing in 2016

I'd go with a CMBecker flow control option. They do require specific shanks, but I've never had a problem with mine leaking. I have the V10 model...

kegconnection.com is one place you can find them.

I have bought 3 Nukatap flow control faucets to replace the faucets bought here.

I kept the existing shanks and I have not had any issues they work great. I am also using the nukatap self closing springs.

I recently replaced all my older faucets with Nukataps...five out of the six fit on older shanks perfectly, one leaked like crazy. Swapping the faucets, it was definitely the one shank that was the issue. It was time to replace it with a tail-less version anyway to upgrade to better lines.

Back