Peppers in an amber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

citingzero

Reaction score
Next brew I'm gonna do is the black dog ale from Midwest. I'll be doing the extract. Lately I've really been interested in beers brewed with peppers. So the question is when do you recommend that I add the peppers? In the fermenter? Right away or after a couple of weeks? (I only primary.) which pepper would you recommend? (I am a chili head but I don't want to scare people away.) how many?

Here ya go:

http://***********/component/k2/item/859-hot-hot-hot-brewing-with-chili-peppers

bigbeergeek said:
Here ya go:

http://***********/component/k2/item/859-hot-hot-hot-brewing-with-chili-peppers

That's really cool. I am going to do a beer with chipotles. I will dry hop them this time. If its good ill do something different.

I seriously cannot imagine what this would taste like! I need to try this. Is this type of beer sold, so I can try one? Names? Where to get it?

Man they are great! Not a "drink all the time" beer, but yeah, great. Sierra Nevada makes a great cocoa mole but I've only had it in California. Haven't seen it around here. Ska brewing makes a tasty mole stout. Had a couple tonight... Mmm... Actually my love for peppers and wanting to put them in beer is what got me started homebrewing several years ago, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Weston brewing out of Kansas city, mo has one with jalapenos they distribute, if you go to their brewery/restraunt they had one that the dry hopped with jalapenos & habaneros...

Also Rogue's Chipotle Ale. I also believe there is a ghost chili beer somewhere i saw at GABF this past year.

Have always wanted to try this! I have a Pale ale and a Red ale that I may use with peppers. My brother grows jalapeno, habanero and serrano. The one commercial product I had with peppers was great, and had a little pepper in the bottle like a worm in tequila. That was 15 years ago and I can't remember the name of it...damn.

Back