Peanut Butter Brown Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devilssoninlaw

Reaction score
I stopped in a home brewing store yesterday and I picked up a Brewers Best kit of Peanut Butter Brown Ale. I comes with 4oz of PB extract and I just wanted to see if anyone has tried this kit.

I'm especially interested in how much extract to add to the 5 gallon batch. Thanks!

I only tried it once. It tastes good, but two 4oz bottles was too much for my imperial stout. If I use it again, I think I will mix in a couple ounces at a time and taste it before adding more.

Be caeful with the flavoring I used there pineapple and it said to add all 4oz ans i added 2 oz and it was really strong. If I was you I'd add it to the wort and sample it theis also lets the flavor mellow out as the beer ferments because I added the pineapple right into the keg and it did mellow out aftwr a few weeks

I used a 4oz PB extract in a 5G batch, I felt it was a good amount. I used it in a porter, it was present, not overpowering. I would use it again in the same amount. Also, I added it at kegging.

Back