Partial Mash For Wyeast 3726

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wisluggo

Reaction score
Hi guys, and gals

Today at my lbhs I was offered the option to purchase some wyeast 3726 for one cent. I know this is a Saison strain, so I am looking for a Saison partial mash reciepe to use the three packs I got. Suggestions?

A bit more info: I have a 5 gallon kettle and do my brewing on my stove.

That is a killer yeast! I brewed the Saison De Noel recipe from Northern brewer with it and it's a great bear - nice and dry yet still BIG and with some caramel and chocolate notes. Beware this yeast ferments HOT - as in 85 degrees! as a regular Ale brewer I was scared stiff - but no fusels that I can detect.

I'd just find a good looking saison and do what you can with your equipment and then make up the difference with the appropriate malt extract.

Have fun.

Look in the recipe database and find a Saison that sounds good and convert it to partial mash. It is easy.

I am drinking a Saison right now....mmmmmm tasty.

That is a killer yeast! I brewed the Saison De Noel recipe from Northern brewer with it and it's a great bear - nice and dry yet still BIG and with some caramel and chocolate notes. Beware this yeast ferments HOT - as in 85 degrees! as a regular Ale brewer I was scared stiff - but no fusels that I can detect.

I'd just find a good looking saison and do what you can with your equipment and then make up the difference with the appropriate malt extract.

Have fun.

When you say it ferments hot, do you mean it generates a lot of heat or do you mean it requires a warmer than normal ambient temperature to ferment?

Latest posts

Back